By Marah on Saturday, 24 May 2014
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 7
Likes 0
Views 2K
Votes 0
Hello to all members

We are new motorhome owners from Cambridgeshire and Warwickshire. Thought this would be a good site to subscribe to for any hints, tips and good advice we can get.

Will cut our teeth on a short trip to Norfolk next week and hopefully will be planning trips abroad (poss Honeymoon through Europe) in the coming years.

Have already looked at some of the recipes and threads on parking in Italy and hope to contribute as we go.
Hi Marah and a big WELCOME!

Hope you enjoy your travels. We are in Norfolk at the moment.

We spend a lot of time in our van mainly France and Spain. It is a great way to travel and you get to see wonderful 'off the beaten track' places. Sounds like you have exciting times ahead!

Keep us posted and if you can contribute that would be great -thank you!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:welcome3: to the clubmotorhome membership. I hope you will find us all a helpful bunch and able to help you enjoy motorhoming as much as we all do.
We always hope that new members will come up with some questions that have not been asked before and then it is down to the experienced members to find some answers.
We have a great set of stopovers from UK and Europe thanks to all the members who take the trouble to take photos, record the GPS co-ordinates and write a few notes on anything relating to it and the nearby interests. It is all brought together by Neil (assisted by his best mate Digger the dog). Anything you find difficult as a newby to the site, let Neil know, he is always looking at ways to make the site as user friendly as possible.
In the meantime, You will know doubt be called upon to fix things on your travels, so start to gather some basic tools around you and various adhesives, gaffer tape, old wire coat hangers and a small bottle brush can come in very handy, but that could well form the basis of a new thread in it's own right. Not sure how to do anything Utube will probably have a video on how to do it and wikipedia will fill in the knowledge gaps.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
hello Marah and :welcome1: to the club,there is as said before a mine of information on this site and we are a friendly bunch so if you cant find anything just ask away.As said you,ll be called upon to possibly carry out running repairs to the most unlikely things and definately gaffer tape is a must have.Its cheaper over here than abroad as my brother found out last year when his middle roof vent blew off ,I learnt the art of plastic welding after backing into a line of wooden posts and breaking the corner of the rear bumper like an eggshell.looks good as new now.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks to the OP and mid4did and has freedom (you know) it is great to know what bits ti have but if you run out or forget, just remember we are a friendly bunch so just ask and you make instant friends.......
thanks Puiline for antihistamines, Lyn and Ian for a silicone gun and haircut, Paddy for a 'sewer' hook' ,Keith for new awning brackets etc etc etc..................happy travels
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello!

I'm also new to the forum - i work for a motorhome dealer Emm-Bee and am looking to offer knowledge and gain insights into motorhome owners loves, hates and problems they have! Looking to offer advice on all of these. We also recommend Motorhome pitches on our blog but love to get recommendations from you guys too to see where's actually good.

Always love to chat to motorhome fans!

Hope to chat to you all lots
Thanks
Emm-Bee
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi everyone

Im so exited iv just got my first motorhome. Hes really old but i love him.

This weekend is going to be my first time out and im going to selby in a friends field with electric hook up.

This all started because i have a trike and i was having problems with the engine so put him into the herbie hospital in leeds. When i seen the vans i just knew i had to have one.

I have got my insurance via Adrian Flux which was only £310 so i was happy with that.

Can i just ask do we get a membership number or something that we can give into the insurance as proof that we have joined.

Cheers

Julie from Leeds xx
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Julie and a warm :welcome2:

Hope you have some great outings in your new machine!

I have just replied to your email again with your subscriber's membership number again in case you didn't received the first reply - please check your spam box and make sure http://www.clubmotorhome.co.uk is added as a safe sender in your email settings.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post