Saturday, 10 June 2017
  3 Replies
  6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and not sure I am in the right category. If not, sorry.
Anyhow, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have had a 2001 Drivelodge Bijou for about ten years - this is a conversion from a Suzuki Carry van - and It has been a great servant. Unfortunately it failed its recent MOT (for the first time ever) because of rust on the sills and underneath, and I am told the absolute minimum cost for welding etc to get it through the test would be about £800, and if I want a proper job done, including a quality job with repainting etc, more like £1500. I don't want to pay out that kind of money so am thinking a bit reluctantly of selling it (we are also getting on a bit, so maybe time to get something bigger and more comfortable now anyway). I have been offered £800 by someone local to take it off my hands as it stands,, but I understand they have some rarity value now, and feel that is rather low - though it is very difficult to know what the market value is as they are so rarely advertised. Would you advise shelling out either £800 (to get it through MOT) or £1500+ (to do it up nicely) and then trying to sell it? Or taking the £800 and running? My guess is there are a few fanatics out there somewhere who would really like it, but I may not be able to find them, and may end up losing money!
Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks.
Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection