Wednesday, 02 August 2017
  8 Replies
  2.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Who is the most awful person you have met on Holiday?? Can you beat this/ We were on the air in Portugal at the Barragem at Nisa. We arrived late so parked quickly so as not to annoy fellow travellers. The following morning we decided to move to a spot with a better view. My First mistake!. We thought to be polite I asked the only other van a GB plate! if they would mind if we moved in front of them to a better position so long as we didn't spoil their view . No thats ok he said. The following day his wife came and asked Sue if she had any books to swap.OK all going well so far. several trips then began between him and us! He must have been lonely! as his wife had already told us he didnt read! (If you are him and are beginning to recognise yourself feel ashamed!) " Two days later,yes 2 days this "Gentleman came to our van and started berating us as ,Quote " Your taking up too much room parked there! He then continued " This is what gets the English a bad name. I "Politely" told him I did'nt need a lecture from him having been motorhoming in excess of 35 years. He then went back to his van and turned his chair round and stayed with his back to us for the rest of our stay. Now for the crunch! This "Gentleman had already told us he had been there for 10 days despite it being a 48 hour maximum on the Aire and to top it all here is a list of his "Getting the English a bad name" He had outside his van ...An Awning out, 2 Chairs out, 2 Tables out, 3 Lines of Washing out, A KITCHEN set up with wind breaks, His motorbike parked in the next bay to him,ALL his side windows open and his waste tank on a slow drip. All I wanted was a peaceful holiday. Can YOU beat this?? Then to top it all we moved off to go further along the Barragem and passed the Aire on our way out the next day and Guess who had moved into our self same spot................Yep HIM!!
Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection