Saturday, 19 August 2017
  4 Replies
  4.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi mickywilka here, i am new to motorhomes and if pos would like a route starting or ending in Edinborgh any help or advice will be most welcome.
Rate this post:
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Mickywilka ... have you tried putting your chosen first destination into Google maps and get directions ... you can then use the little man to look at points along it ... if you are a full member on here you can use the stopovers to plan as well ... I use google maps a lot to plan things with ... it also helps choose which route is best on my cheap lorry Satnav :D

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

Votes
Undo
Direct routes between Edinburgh and the Highlands are a bit limited but having just put that into Google Maps this might help...

Scottish Highlands to Edinburgh - Google Maps.png

Alternatively if you'd like a more scenic (but much longer) route then Google NC500 which is very popular these days :)

The attached image is from Google Images

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks neilmac, will try thanks and satnav should help with camp sites.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We either start in Glen Uig on the West coast ideal if you want to go to Skye and can stay in the Glen Uig Inn car park(make sure you ring first) or in Edinburgh and go up the East coast then all the around ending back in Glen Uig or Edinburgh if we go around the West coast first. If you are going later in the year not many sites are open so be careful if you are doing site to site, we Wild Camp a lot in Scotland especially in the Winter

Jeff
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection