Sunday, 12 November 2017
  16 Replies
  3.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Just got to wondering how members got to deciding on a Motorhome, did you go straight to buying a motorhome or like myself get there by a more convoluted route?

I started out camping at festivals (1970's), then got a Comma caravanette (1980's) , this gave way to a bigger tent (I had by then put a sidecar on my motorcycle to carry my dogs) (1984 onwards) then my partner Denny decided he was getting too old for all the stony ground stuff and we bought our first caravan (1994) , as he did not drive (only had a motorcycle license) I remember getting some very surprised looks when pulling onto sites and maneuvering the caravan onto a pitch :D. We bought another newer caravan in 2001 as the old one had damp problems and I wanted a "Proper" bathroom! In 2012 we started to plan for retirement we had found out that the lovely government had moved the women's retirement age and we would have to wait for another two and a half years for me to retire, Denny had his heart set on a fair sized motorhome so we started to look around, we must have traveled miles and looked at just about every configuration of layout. Our ideas on which size were poles apart he wanted a Winnebago and I wanted a camper!
In May 2014 we came to a compromise and bought a Auto-sleeper Executive. I was ideal for 2 adults and 2 dogs, we used it regularly until Denny's death in Nov 2015, I then decided I didn't want to tax and insure two vehicles so I started my search for the best smaller motorhome for myself and at the time 2 dogs. I was just out one day when I saw Snail in a garden covered in green and looking very sorry for himself. I still don't know how I had the nerve to knock on that front door, but I am glad I did, OK he needed (and still does) a fair bit of work but nothing I could not either get done or do myself ... And that folks is my story on how I became a motorhomer ... What's Yours!! :D :D :D :D

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection