By Techno100 on Sunday, 13 May 2012
Posted in Top Motorhome Tips
Replies 9
Likes 0
Views 3.3K
Votes 0
These are the connectors I carry and I've failed to find a tap yet that these wont deal with.
The left is of course the most common UK fit along with its adapter. The grey/red is the most frequent connection found on aires (bought in carrefour). The hose clip rubber connector is the larger of the two sizes available.
We have a very similar stock of connectors as well Andy (not the one 2nd from right though - haven't found a need for that type so far)

Also need to have some large cable ties to keep the push-and-hold type taps open...

Saves aching hands on a slow fill
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I used that on a French municiple, the tap spout was triangular and 90 degrees to the body, also for sink taps that have no length to the spout.

This type of affair
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
And if all that fails - this is a good alternative:-

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Some "push and hold" taps only give a metered amount.

We were on a Stellplatz on the Mosselle, and the tap would only dispense a couple of litres at a time. I think this was to discourage tank filling.

I've been on the lookout for a velcro strap to replace the need for cable ties to operate these types of taps, ie, reusable time and time again.

Cheers,

Jock.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
is that funnel available to buy or did it come with the van ? regards hilary
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
looks like a bit of drainpipe actually am i right!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Hilary

If you are referring to the elbow joint funnel thing - we bought it at a plumbers shop. Just measure your water opening - there are several different sizes & ours cost less than 2 euros so probably much cheaper in the UK

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Some "push and hold" taps only give a metered amount.

We were on a Stellplatz on the Mosselle, and the tap would only dispense a couple of litres at a time. I think this was to discourage tank filling.

I've been on the lookout for a velcro strap to replace the need for cable ties to operate these types of taps, ie, reusable time and time again.

Cheers,

Jock.

Suggestion: Use a pair of large-jaw mole-grips (they are very useful tool to keep in your MH toolkit anyway.
BGD
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Suggestion: Use a pair of large-jaw mole-grips (they are very useful tool to keep in your MH toolkit anyway.

Thanks for the tip BGD.

With jaws big enough to the job, their weight might take me over the 5000Kgs GVW. :laugh:

Cheers,

Jock.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post