New

Age 70

Tuesday, 10 April 2018
  8 Replies
  3.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I have just reached that young age of 70 and I have had to apply (DVLA send you a reminder) by law to renew my driving licence and also submit myself to an eye test as I have Glaucoma in both eyes, Glaucoma in one eye you are ok but still has to be declared.
Filled the forms in etc photo copied my driving licence in case it got lost in post and sent them off to DVLA who told me to submit myself for an eye test which I passed and DVLA returned my licence. Upon examining licence on its return found they had missed class C1 off the licence which entitles you to drive up to 7.5 ton. I phoned DVLA to ask why they had omitted the C1 class from the licence and was informed that they do this to all people 70 or over and if you want class C1 back on your licence you then have to fill in another two forms D2/D4 (which can be obtained from PO) and in due course you have to have a medical by your doctor who may or may not declare you fit to drive class C1.
Now this may affect motor homers who drive vans over 3.5 ton and if you are coming of age in the next few years be aware of the changes.
Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection