Sunday, 06 May 2018
  6 Replies
  4.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Sunday 3nd June 2018 is a day of vintage street racing in a small village in Northern France called Carignan.
We will be there for the days racing and make a weekend of it at nearby municipal camping at Sedan or Mouzon
The village route is lined with Hay bales and various classes of Historic vehicles including motorcycles complete circuits of the route for the trophys. We found no trouble parking for free at the nearby streets and the event itself is free entry.
If you enjoy the smell of burning castrol oil you will love it.
There is plenty of time to wander round the pits area where they all assemble and most of the owners are only too pleased to chat with fans.
Check it out:- http://www.grand-prix-retro-yvois.fr/programme/index.html
You are quite close to Luxembourg and from there the Mosel vineyards and camper trail.
Any members need further info let me know.
The cars assemble on Saturday 2nd for a drive of about 120 km with lunchtime and evening food stops. Never followed this but I may well do this year.

Has freedom to travel

Rate this post:
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sounds great.
Shame that weekend is always a nightmare for me with family birthdays. :(

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

Votes
Undo
We would loved to have gone but don't think we will make it as we've just spent a couple of weeks south of Bordeaux with our family. We're just heading home, were at the aire in incheville heading up to the tunnel tomorrow.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Safe journey home ... the weather here is great so you will not need your woolies :D

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

Votes
Undo
Hi Kathy & Max,

Were home now after a great 10 days in France. Pity the weather is going down hill fast up here in Yorkshire :o
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Welcome home ... hope you had a great trip away ... shame about the weather in Yorkshire ... it has cooled down here quite a bit ... so I suppose we have had our summer :D

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

Votes
Undo
Just reminding any newbies who missed the eallier post, it's this Sunday for the days racing off the vintage bikes and cars.
They all park up in the town square when not racing and you can wander round chat and get some great pictures.

Has freedom to travel

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection