By scammellmanswife on Wednesday, 23 May 2012
Posted in Leisure Interests
Replies 9
Likes 0
Views 3.8K
Votes 0
Are there any jazz lovers out there. I have been to 3 jazz festivals (Ayr, Llangollen and Abersoch) and found them to be great weekends with friendly like minded people. Camping is usually very good value. I am hoping to go to Upton this year at end of june will be great if the weather is like this!
Sorry I seem to have put this in the wrong place you can tell i am new to this forum business but i will get better with practice I hope!!

Hi, I've moved it to UK Touring if that's OK?

And do keep practicing... you're doing great B)

I've never really been into jazz, but combining it with motorhoming sounds interesting.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi - hope you dont mind but I've moved this topic to Leisure Interests in the 'Community Section'. Just thought it was a good reason to create a new Topic Category.

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Fine by me. Anywhere that it might create some interest! It does seem to me, and i could well be wrong because i am only a newbie, that the majority of club members interests are with using there motorhomes to travel abroad and i appreciate that a club like this is very helpful regarding that side of it. I am lead to believe there are some good jazz festivals over in France and if anybody has any knowledge i would love to here from them.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Well looks like im on my own again!! I cant believe that nobody is interested in a jazz weekend. Yes the weather may be iffy but the music will be top notch so i am off on friday to upton. I have the "mum sitter" booked and the sunshine also. So if there are any last minute revellers out there please get in touch i would love to meet up.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Have a great time.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thankyou i am back now all too soon i may say. Had wonderful time lovely riverside town wonderful music and really friendly people no need to worry about going alone. Bit muddy but i am used to that with steam fairs. No problem so long as got good boots or wellies. Blues festival next month. :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Glad you had a wonderful time - pity about weather!!

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Chris I must admit to not being very knowledgable about jazz but upton is a very long standing venue and i had wanted to go for a long time. My local jazz venue is a pub and they used to put out a free magazine with many many events listed. This magazine was also available in our local libraries but i no longer have a copy and havent been to the club for a long time unfortunately. However when i go to the library i will try and get a copy and let you know. There are of course quite a lot of long standing festivals and you could just google 'jazz festivals' and i am sure you will get lots of info that way too. regards hilary
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Have a great time,sorry but the MH is off the road SORN till next year,not a fulltimer YET.currently decorating ,i,ll send some sunshine your way from sunny weston super mare, :laugh:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post