Monday, 08 October 2018
  4 Replies
  4.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Anyone here?
Anyone been? Any tips?
So far so good, weather hit and miss but we expected that, first 2 stops free parking, no problem. I think we will like it here FD1AF358-FCC5-4387-B1F9-CF0466A9AA6D.jpeg

« Vive La France, le paradis du camping-car! »

Rate this post:
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have been over in a truck and we were fortunate in that we loaded on Fridays for return ferries early Monday mornings, so we week ended in Cagliari, one of the sites we visited a few times were the marble staircases that overlooked the ferry terminal, always a pleasant and peaceful place, (we were surprised how everyone seemed to dump their rubbish in the laybys on the run south from porto torres much the same as here nowadays), some people seemed upset that we were being paid to while away the weekend after they had paid considerable sums to get there, but a lovely place until the cruise ship entered port and thousands of people got off and flooded the town, luckily our favorite restaurant kept us a table, I will look out the photographs and try to name the stairs,
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I was on the island a few weeks ago,I caught the ferry into Olbia and headed south to Siamanna to see my family there for a few days and parked on their farm,I visit often but rarely use aires or campsites,so can offer little information on parking spots,but at this time of year the holiday season is over so not crowded as in the summer months,plenty of wild camping available and less crowded on beaches south of Oristano and plenty of Roman sites to visit,but North of island from Olbia upwards a lot more expensive. Good prices on ferries from Porto Torres to Barcelona,which I chose to come home by,lovely overnight Med
cruise(deck camping !!)Island generally safe and people nice enjoy your stay.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you both .... will look out those marble stairs “hotel magnum” and look forward to photos and any more info. “Eurosprinter” I am not looking for advice on campsites or ‘sostas’ so your experience as someone with family here will be SO useful ...... interesting towns, quaint villages, nice inland areas, walks, ‘agriturismos’ for a meal ...... etc etc ...... anything like that would be amazing.
Loving the Island so far, we haven’t been far, arrived in Olbia and headed slowly to the north, some amazing beaches which we are making the most of while it’s still warm enough to swim. We walked the Figari nature reserve near Golfo Aranci which was lovely .... and some other lovely coastal walks ....

« Vive La France, le paradis du camping-car! »

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
just a few it is a lovely place,
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection