By mandyandandy on Thursday, 24 May 2012
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 2.4K
Votes 0
Trying to add picture on people section but keeps telling me it doesn't like the symbols that come through with picture when I try to up load.

any suggestions as this is the only way I have done it before.

Many thanks
Mandy
Hi Mandy and welcome !

I've just uploaded a photo to the 'People' category and the upload failed initially with the character error you described.

The photo filename must not contain any characters other than letters. I removed the symbol '&' from mine and it worked fine.

Hope this helps.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Its ok , she had brackets in the title , removed and photo uploaded no probs.

Andy
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I too am having difficulty uploading photos (not in the forum i managed that ok i think) When i click on upload it takes me out of the website altogether do you think thats a security problem or am i just not doing it right
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I too am having difficulty uploading photos (not in the forum i managed that ok i think) When i click on upload it takes me out of the website altogether do you think thats a security problem or am i just not doing it right

Hi Hilary, where outside the website does it take you? I've just, literally, tried an upload of a photo of Mimizan Beach and it worked fine. There is a screen that explains what the upload process is doing but that only lasts for a second or two before returning to the galleries.

The original photo does need to be under 2mb in size, well under is preffered but the software should resize it automatically from there.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Its ok neil it was my fault. Two possibilities really, i didnt fill in the catergories box at the right time and also i changed file name because it wasnt accepting it as it was. Anyway its there for all to see now and hope someone out there thinks it was worth it ha ha
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post