Saturday, 26 March 2022
  5 Replies
  2.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi All
Been a member for a couple of years but not posted anything before, just read information and stories. Does anyone know what food stuff you CAN take to the EU, such as dried pasta, rice, jar of coffee, baked beans ketchup etc. I know you can now buy a lot of British favourites in France etc but why when we have a cupboard full at home. My wife is Chinese and likes to cook a lot of her own food so that means oriental spices and soy sauce. Any insight would be most appreciated.
Rate this post:
Votes
Undo
Hi Nigwill, anything that is not dairy or meat based basically... and plants which might spread soil disease.

In real life I think all is as before for personal consumption. As far as I'm aware there are no searches of motorhome fridges and cupboards. Even if there were and you were carrying something against the rules/law you may get it confiscated. Never heard or read of it happening other than some ham sandwiches that the media jumped on when it was a new situation.

Personally I will carry whatever I normally would and 'risk' having it confiscated by an over enthusiastic customs officer.

Officially I wouldn't advise anyone to break the rules ;)

Pretty sure sauces and things are not restricted unless they are meat or dairy based.

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We are taking our normal supplies and if the decide to confiscate then that’s ok.I have yet to hear any personnel food stuffs being rejected or any vans searched.

I will definitely be taking burgers and milk that’s for sure!

Bev & Dean x

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We have been back and forth since Brexit and customs officers have been in the van but never interested in food stuffs. As Neil says, take what you usually would and can afford to have confiscated in the highly unlikely event someone checks your fridge. Don’t worry, enjoy your travels, and lucky you having your own Chinese cook on board!

« Vive La France, le paradis du camping-car! »

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the replies. We will take a few items but I like going round French hypermarkets and street markets anyway.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
I've been crossing every week for the last 2 1/2 years in a HGV through various different ports.

I've never been asked about what food I'm carrying, and i have had full cab searches a number of times.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection