By NEILMAC on Monday, 19 November 2012
Replies 30
Likes 0
Views 4.9K
Votes 0
These polls are completely anonymous as to who votes for what so please do vote for your real preference.

All feedback in this topic can be left by members as anonymous (tick/untick the anonymous box) meaning that no user related information will be stored (including IP address).

Club Motorhome has developed over the last 3 years with features being added throughout that time, Classifieds, Forums, Stopovers etc.

I'm always happy to consider adding features that members would like to see/use so if you voted 'More features' in the above poll please let me know what you have in mind.

Similarly if you voted 'Less features' let me know what should go and why .

Over to you....
Well I have been "lurking" around in the background for a couple of years and have seen this site grow and generally like what it has to offer. I have voted for "Fine as it is" but the only thing I think might be unnecessary is the chat thing - having said that I haven't actually used it.

So no complaints here.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Is there any way you could have a list of the "Last 10 / 20 / 50 posts", like a ... errr ... other forum?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
And now I've just seen the "Recent topics" button at the top there. Durrrrr :woohoo:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
AND ...

Can you please change the default colour of TravelsRUs's user name. It hurts my eyes B) And it's impossible to read on the "Recent topics" page (that I've only just found) grey background.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
And now I've just seen the "Recent topics" button at the top there. Durrrrr :woohoo:

I'm sitting here racking my brains as to how come you hadn't seen the Recent Topics page before :blink:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I'm sitting here racking my brains as to how come you hadn't seen the Recent Topics page before :blink:

It's a busy website. Lots of active components (buttons, links etc), lots of drop-down menus, I tend to flip between several tabs on the browser, and I do find this site very 'busy'.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Interesting, I appreciate the feedback and I'll give some thought to it :thumbs: .

Obviously it works easily for me because I put it together so an outside view from an experienced forum user is very helpful - thanks.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
AND ...

Can you please change the default colour of TravelsRUs's user name. It hurts my eyes B) And it's impossible to read on the "Recent topics" page (that I've only just found) grey background.

Certainly, and what colour would you like sir (or madam)? :P
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The one feature that I would not welcome would be a members lounge area where some of the topics are discussed that are racist and downright rude, some motorhome sites have these and I think particularly with this latest twitter business some of those who post must wonder when a solicitors letter will arrive for them. I do enjoy a joke but occasionally these to verge on the libel/slander and racist topics.
So I feel that it should be an open forum with nothing said on line that you would not say face to face.
Sorry about the Rant.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
It's a busy website. Lots of active components (buttons, links etc), lots of drop-down menus, I tend to flip between several tabs on the browser, and I do find this site very 'busy'.

I've made a couple of changes to the forum pages to reduce some of that 'busyness'. I've removed the drop-down menu which relates to content on the main website areas and have added a 'home' button to return to those pages and their menu - all easily reversible :thumbs:

Better? Or not? :unsure:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The one feature that I would not welcome would be a members lounge area where some of the topics are discussed that are racist and downright rude, some motorhome sites have these and I think particularly with this latest twitter business some of those who post must wonder when a solicitors letter will arrive for them. I do enjoy a joke but occasionally these to verge on the libel/slander and racist topics.
So I feel that it should be an open forum with nothing said on line that you would not say face to face.
Sorry about the Rant.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbs: . Rant or not its a valid observation.

Chris (TravelsRus) and I spoke briefly about this recently and we felt that as it stands we have a VERY friendly forum and we agreed that this was because, by and large, we have kept it motorhome related.

So there are definitely no plans to create areas on the forum where those other situations would be encouraged.

We'll leave the other forums to that .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I concur wholeheartedly with Anonymous. My participation in this forum is predicated on the friendly and helpful manner users deal with subjects and one another. I have been a member of another website which appear to tolerate standards of behaviour below which I wish to associate. I am considering continued membership.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Glad to hear that MR2 - this is a friendly welcoming forum (and hopefully helpful). We've all been "newbies" and appreciate any help or advice.

I think there is a lot to be gained by learning of other members experiences and travels (good or bad).

It's a big learning curve for us and we are always looking for tips and advice.

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sorry about the Rant.

Not sure how it happened but this was my post and just noticed it came up as Anonymous
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·

I've made a couple of changes to the forum pages to reduce some of that 'busyness'. I've removed the drop-down menu which relates to content on the main website areas and have added a 'home' button to return to those pages and their menu - all easily reversible :thumbs:

Better? Or not? :unsure:

Well, I have 'reversed' it to keep all areas accessible from the forums and to standardise the layout of the menus throughout the website

Please do keep the feedback coming :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Just thought I would bring this thread back to the top to encourage some more feedback :thumbs:

I'm always looking to improve the content and the way its displayed and have some plans in place for the coming months but I'd really like to hear what you, the members, want from Club Motorhome.

Comment and feedback always welcome - positive or negative
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I like the new-style website, it's fresh and modern-looking :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you Donna.

With a few little wrinkles ironed out it should be much nicer to use whatever device anyone is using to access it too
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil like those before me I find the site useful, friendly and a source of that little knowledge members share. Any comments that may offend as already mentioned should be screened out, as we know others from over the water 'guest in'.
Keep up the good work, with out you life would be that little more empty.
Safe journeys to all.
Kontiki645
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil like those before me I find the site useful, friendly and a source of that little knowledge members share.........

Glad you find it so kontiki645 and thanks for your comments :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I like the new format and the site is certainly user friendly!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Great and very useful forum but the new format is very clunky and slow when using apple devices
But keep up the good work I,m sure it will all be sorted in good time
Thank you for all the advice

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I just voted "Fine as it is". However, I wish the menus didn't come leaping down if I happen to pass the cursor over them. If I want a menu open I prefer to click on it deliberately. Pernickety, I know.

Brian J
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Brian, thanks for the feedback and its not pernickety at all

It can be frustrating when the menus do that when accidentally mousing over them however its that menu that shows and leads to the great deal of information that is on this site.

Having to click the items to get to the next level is much tidier I agree and for existing users who are used to the site content - they would find their way around without much problem. But, the site does need to continually attract new members to grow and they need to be quickly aware that there is so much to offer in order to retain their interest. The drop-downs achieve this

I know its easy for me to say being online far more than anyone else but it does get easier to stay out of the menu area with the mouse when not wanting to with practice.

Thanks again. I do take on board comments and will make changes if they are for the overall benefit of the site :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil,
The one thing I have a problem with is there is no button for the Forum Index, I get to it by going into Latest topics then clicking on the Free forums at the top left of the page.

To a new visitor it may not be immediately obvious where to find the various forum sections........unless I have missed the blindingly obvious.....which will come as no surprise :woohoo:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Xeamus, thank you.

Clicking on the main menu where it says 'FREE FORUMS' does take you straight to the Index page but I have added an additional 'Forums Index' button in the drop-down below as well now. As you say it may not have been immediately obvious to new users and/or visitors :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Great and very useful forum but the new format is very clunky and slow when using apple devices
But keep up the good work I,m sure it will all be sorted in good time
Thank you for all the advice

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback and comments. Is the 'clunkyness' on Apple devices variable depending on your input signal strength? Its just that I do a lot of testing using an Iphone and Ipad and find it works pretty well but obviously depends wifi quality.

BTW could you PM or email me your email address please as the one you have registered keeps bouncing back notifications - thanks.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Neil,
It works fine now B)
ATB
Phil
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Both, with the amount of tweaking you do on the site I think your footnote after your posts has become a little out of step with your actions. Dare I suggest :-
If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it! Evolve it.
Or something that does not suggest that waiting until things break is the best way.
Thinking about our campers, they sometimes make unusual squeaks, groans and gurgles, lights and gauges that are not reading 'normal'. This is their way of communicating to you that all is not well. Maybe not broken yet but always worthy of investigation.
In the same way thst you listen to the website chat, to seek to make our expierience better.
·
6 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Traveller

This post came about in 2012 when there were major changes being implemented.... I think some one has got carried away with 'liking' posts which brought it, and other oldies, to the fore again.

Quite agree with you though and these days as the site structure is pretty established there are only minor tweaks made if absolutely necessary
·
6 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post