By Frank60 on Saturday, 09 March 2013
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 3.6K
Votes 0
Hi all can anyone help,recent Topic on another forum was about overnight parking at Monet's gardens in Giverny ,One person said yes you could overnight there, two said no over night parking .Have found Aire's nearby but would rather stay at gardens if possible.Does anyone have any up to date advice.Please
We went there 3 years ago, turning up very late afternoon. We pulled into one of the large carparks and started to settle down, along with 3 other motorhomes. About 17.30 a chap came along saying 'Non non..' - but then pulled out a map and pointed to the carpark right outside the house, saying "mais ici .. oui". Brillliant!! It was the weekend, so we got into the house and garden next morning as soon as they opened and saw it all before it got too crowded. So I guess that, unless policy has changed, if you ask nicely, you'll be OK

No wonder we don't stay in England for long!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We stayed at Giverny for 2 nights in June. We found that the car park right opposite the house has a height barrier and 'no motorhomes' signs up. But just down the road across the roundabout where all the coaches park we were made quite welcome. Just don't try to drive in to the car park part which has a height barrier! It was then a few minutes walk through the underpass up in to the village. There were at least a dozen motorhomes there at the same time as us.

I realise that this question was asked some time ago, but we have only just got back home and caught up on emails etc. It may however be of some use to other travellers.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for reply ,we stayed there towards end of May ,Arrived late Sunday ,car park was packed but plenty of room for motor home,asked three M H drivers if you can stay over no one was sure.Had a wonder round and went into tourist office NO was the reply you must stay at camp site and gave me leaflet.On return to car park I asked a local coach driver ,no problem he said but they lock the gates.The gates were locked about 8pm think there were 10 vans staying overnight .Second in queue next morning.Have added it to stopover list
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
For anyone interested in visiting, the details Frank60 supplied are here - Giverny (Monets Gardens), Upper Normandy, France
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post