Thursday, 13 June 2013
  8 Replies
  2.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Having discovered our pump was leaking at the end of each cycle and labouring heavily at the same time It also cycled for no apparent reason, 'hummed' when it felt like it and there was also a drip coming from the Truma boiler vent pipe. I Googled the symptoms and was pretty sure that the pressure switch was failing of had already packed up and the pump was seriously over-pressurising.

Leaking old pump

Searching around there are various outlets that sell individual components for this pump but bearing in mind that ours was probably the original fitment and was now 11 years old I sourced a complete new unit.

My pump was a 16psi unit and I found one at £62.95 at www.riverswayleisure.co.uk including free postage :thumbs:

On arrival it turned out to be a 20psi pump but they confirmed this was a direct replacement, it is just that the manufacturer changed the spec a couple of years ago.

With the water tank and boiler drained down and the pump electrics switched off I set about getting access to the pump which is under a shelf in the bottom of the wardrobe.

Handy access!

The shelf was removed and the access became a lot easier!

Much better and ready to make a start

The new pump just needed a terminal crimping to one of the new wires.

The old pump came out easily enough ready for the swap.

And with the old pump removed it was a good opportunity to clean out the filter.

The new pump was very straightforward to fit and amazingly all the re-connections were leak free :)

All that was left was to check and recharge the accumulator with some air to the stated 13psi and refit the shelf.

With the tank refilled and bled through the new pump sounded a lot more healthy than the old one had done, it switches off instantly when a tap is closed and doesn't leak! :thumbs:

I do love a happy ending B)

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

Rate this post:

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection