By Greenespeed65 on Tuesday, 05 November 2013
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 10
Likes 0
Views 3.3K
Votes 0
I have just joined the forum. I am new to owning a motorhome. I have just purchased an Iveco Ruddock race hauler. This has an internal garage for my Lambretta. I am modernising the whole vehicle, it was probably state of the art in 89. I am looking to fit a satellite system. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Are the flying saucer type seen on some vans tv only or can they incorporate a satellite system. Prices on Flea bay are from one end of the scale to the other. I am also looking to swap the current tv for a wifi free view system.
Cheers Greenespeed65
Well, first of all, welcome.

So far as sat systems are concerned you'll need a dish. The flying saucer will cope with terrestrial broadcasts only. Cheapest set up is a dish on a tripod coupled to your tv via a sat receiver Dearest is an automated dish system in or out of a dome. For me, not a TV addict, a manual crank-up dish fits the bill - don't have to go out in the rain to line up the dish *( Maxview 80cm). Good info on this site: http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/

HTH
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Silver F1.
Thanks for the replay. I will take a look on the web link.
Cheers Greenespeed65
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:welcome4: to the forum. I'm sure you'll get plenty of info on any topic you may encounter with you refurb. But I'm sorry - I don't know much about he TV side of things, having only just acquired a TV and use it in UK; others will though and I'm sure more advice will be coming soon!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
hello and :welcome1: .
Sounds like you,ve got a nice project ahead of you.
I have the square crank up dish that came with the motorhome.Its good for uk and france but I,ve also got a tripod and larger 1 metre dish which works for spain as far as i,ve tried it is tarragona.Things are changing with the astra sats so try and keep up with the latest news regarding astra footprints.sattelite info
Myself i,ll keep as i am and if I get no signal then we,ve got plenty of films and tv series stored on a cyclone media player with hdmi connection.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:welcome3: Greenespeed65

Good luck with your project, keep us posted with progress .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I would just like to say a thank you to all the welcome messages and advice. I will post some before and after pictures shortly. I hope to be out and about in December.
Greenespeed65.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi
Thanks for the welcome
We are re=joining motorhome circles with a lovely Bessicarr. Spent a while researching what we wanted and needed from our purchase and its got it all, plus an extra 3 feet as a bonus - looking at 21 ft models until we saw "Bessie" Touring UK this year as there are loads of places we nave yet to visit
Great site and nearly local and our favourite so far Hillhouse Caavan park, near Saundersfoot Pembrokehire, just 90 minute drive
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi
Thanks for the welcome
We are re=joining motorhome circles with a lovely Bessicarr. Spent a while researching what we wanted and needed from our purchase and its got it all, plus an extra 3 feet as a bonus - looking at 21 ft models until we saw "Bessie" Touring UK this year as there are loads of places we nave yet to visit
Great site and nearly local and our favourite so far Hillhouse Caavan park, near Saundersfoot Pembrokehire, just 90 minute drive

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Enjoy!!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
should read Millhouse Caravan Park, in Pleasant Valley opposite the Heritage site near Wisemans Bridge
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Our Bessacarr
·
7 years ago