By 24263329 on Tuesday, 10 December 2013
Posted in Wild camping
Replies 8
Likes 0
Views 4.4K
Votes 0
Me and the wife are looking at going to Scotland late April 2014, can anyone recommend any wild camping sites, with great views. Or any good sites of where we could stay.
I think you'll find that Scotland is pretty easy going for wildcamping, have a look through some old threads on here about it.

Also we have a few pubs and interesting places that you can overnight in our Stopovers that you, as a subscriber, can see here - Stopovers in Scotland

Hope this helps but I'm sure others will be along with some advice :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Not quite wild camping but almost. Last time we were there it was £3 in an honesty box. Firemore beach, outside Poolewe on the B8057 towards Cove. Beautiful views and a lovely beach. The North Atlantic Convoys left from Loch Ewe and there is a memorial to them at Cove.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi - any particular part of Scotland ? West Coast, Borders, Royal Deeside, Highlands, East Coast or are you planning "la grande tour" If you can be a bit more specific then it will be easier to assist you.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We will be driving from Leeds West Yorkshire and will be out for approx 1 week I hope to do the east coast staying a couple of days at various locations.

Steve
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You could spend the first night in Jedburgh. They are very MH tolerant & we've stayed overnight in the car park a few times on our journeys South & back. There's a toilet, free wi-fi & a great chippy directly across from the Abbey. From there you're not far from Edinburgh or Stirling then you can go across to Fife & take the coastal road up to St Andrews, Dundee. I have wild camped in Dundee a few times (Invergowrie Roundabout off the A90) but not in Edinburgh or Stirling but there are some great campsites in both of these areas. If you are a CC member there are some lovely CLs on that route also. Enjoy the trip !
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
West Coast starting in Dumfreis and then up to Fort William and maybe driving to Skye 8 Days starting on Sat 4 July
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi russellwright01 and :welcome3:

Have a look here for starters Stopovers in Scotland

You'll be fine for sensible wildcamping and hopefully others can come along with some suggestions :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
There is no law of trespass in Scotland and you can stay for three nights in any spot. However please be sensible stay away from houses and farmland. If in doubt ask a local as they are sure to know an ideal spot. Try and support local businesses as they are often a lifeline for the local people. On the islands there are often CDP s next to,piers and you can usually get freshwater there and if you are lucky a shower for a pound or so. We have a number of spots we use regularly and they are usually secluded and tucked in wee quiet corners.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post