By theTravelmoores on Saturday, 10 May 2014
Replies 14
Likes 0
Views 3.8K
Votes 0
At some point we came across videos of approaches to different aires/stellplatzes kindly provided by one of the members. Do you think we can find the link again? No, is the answer! Can anyone help us please.

Many thanks :whistle: :pinch:
There are quite a few different ones.....

Type videos into the forum search and they all come up. Also as a subscriber you can see them in context on the relevant stopover pages when you know which ones you are looking for :thumbs:

HTH
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You know, Neil, they are not as easy to find as you might think; you'll find it easy because it's your forum and you know where everything is. But type 'videos' into search and the video links don't come up first. Look at the stopovers and you have to click on each one and see if it's typed info or a video. Perhaps another link straight to videos, with it's own tab, would work?

In the meantime, this link will take you to videos of aires but not of approaches :unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MontyTheMotorhome
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You know, Neil, they are not as easy to find as you might think; you'll find it easy because it's your forum and you know where everything is. But type 'videos' into search and the video links don't come up first. Look at the stopovers and you have to click on each one and see if it's typed info or a video. Perhaps another link straight to videos, with it's own tab, would work?

In answer to the original question I took it to mean the forum entries by the likes of arthur49 and KeithChesterfiled and Co giving links to approaches to Aires, the search facility does bring those up.

You're quite right though there is no 'easy' way to find the stopovers that have embeded videos but I will work on that when I'm next on decent wifi - on dodgy signal in the middle of nowhere at the mo....
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·

In answer to the original question I took it to mean the forum entries by the likes of arthur49 and KeithChesterfiled and Co giving links to approaches to Aires, the search facility does bring those up.

You're quite right though there is no 'easy' way to find the stopovers that have embeded videos but I will work on that when I'm next on decent wifi - on dodgy signal in the middle of nowhere at the mo....

There's always something to distract you from that nice cold beer

Have a good trip
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil.
Last autumn I promised more videos etc in the Spring. Unfortunately we've both had health issues and not managed to get away from him for any length of time.
Looks like another few months before we're seriously on the road again ..... its boring being stuck at home all the time
Arthur
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Arthur,

Sorry to hear that you've both not been well, must indeed be very boring when you want to be off travelling.

Hope your recoveries are swift :thumbs:

No worries regarding the videos, I'll look forward to them whenever
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We've been house-sitting in the Netherlands for the past month

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Care-For-Your-Home/105165582893070

but we're back on the road tomorrow. We'll be touring in north Germany and the Netherlands - videos to follow!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sounds an interesting project Donna.

Enjoy your travels - I think I need to get the Netherlands listed for stopovers! B)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
One fish, three cats, two dogs, two ponies and a horse! :laugh: It's kept us busy this past month, I need to tour to have a rest... :blink:

http://www.careforyourhome.com
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
If you are intending to tour or start a list of Aires in Netherlands, two we've used are:-

Hanssum: right on the banks of river Neer. Marina adjacent. Ferry across the river for 1Euro from memory and cycle into Germany - its not far! Restaurant and bar 100/200 yards away. Only 5 or 6 spaces and cost with EHU about 8 Euro + 1 Euro for a shower. Its very popular here so arrive early and spilling over into car park, as the French do, is not tolerated. If you can't get in move on ... I think the coordinates are 51.2576832,6.0042871 though that might be village centre?

Urk on the Ijsselmeer (used to be Zuider Zee). At the harbour/marina. Very pleasant town. No cost details sorry. It was 4 years we were last there.

Sorry details are sketchy but I'm having to work from memory!
Arthur
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Brilliant thank you!

I'll start setting up the new section very soon :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
...... Perhaps another link straight to videos, with it's own tab, would work?

A little progress on this

http://www.clubmotorhome.co.uk/articles/reviews/motorhome-sites/stopovers-with-video-content.html

The styling/layout and or menu location may change yet but at least there is now somewhere for anyone (subscribers) to find the stopovers with video content.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Here's a site with some well made Stellaplaz videos

http://www.womoclick.de/stellplaetze.php
·