By NickHowland on Wednesday, 07 December 2011
Posted in Off topic
Replies 2
Likes 0
Views 2.3K
Votes 0
I recently posted a new thread on this site suggesting to fellow motor homers that they may wish to view or contribute to my relatively new www site.
The admin team of this site saw this as a threat and removed the post.
It was never intended to be threat to the "Stopover" part of this site, merely a sharing of my experiences.
I received the following mail..

Hi Nick and welcome to Club Motorhome.

Sorry to say that I have removed both your initial postings as they are a clear attempt to move people away from Club Motorhome to your own stopover website.

Kind regards,

Other sites have offered to put a link to the site from theirs, maybe they arn't so insecure about their product
Hi again Nick,

The only person who has mentioned the word 'threat' is yourself and you have chosen not to include my later response to you -

There is no feeling threatened about it. It is just bad form to join a forum and then (twice) headline your introductory posts 'Hey, look at MY website'.

I'm very happy to put a link to your site in our motorhome directory under useful links but will not accept blatant spamming on our forums.

You will note that this response also includes an offer to include a link to your website on Club Motorhome.

By searching on Google for details of your website I note that you have also registered with other forums and made 1 post - guess what? To spam for your website.

These forums are not for you to spam or to air grievances with the admin of Club Motorhome (NOT 'Motorhome Club' by the way).

Further attempts in either direction from yourself will result in the first banned member of Club Motorhome.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I reckon its poor form to link any similar website from an existing site - more so given that the poster has hardly posted anything on here before.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post