Sunday, 25 January 2015
  4 Replies
  3.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi Guys,
I am new to the whole motor home thing but I am currently planning an around the world trip with my friend. We are looking for some help and tips as we are only starting to plan it now. Is there any sites out there that would have any information of people who has done this before.
We are unsure what kind of camper/motor home to buy so some help with that will also be appreciated. Would a converted transporter be too small for a journey this long?
Any help will be appreciated
Conal
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello :welcome1: and congratulations

Our longest trip that we have been on was one year and in that time we covered just half of Europe. When you have a big plan like yours you have the choice from either doing everything in a set time and end up just ticking of the places you have been or. seeing everything and not getting much farther than the garden gate (relatively speaking). It is easy to find yourself just skimming over places and by doing so you will miss so much. On the other hand it is also easy to get castled out, ruined out, or even beached out (I think).

Anyway my advice would be to keep the plan flexible and not book too much ahead, if anything. If your expectations are low then you will be pleased more times than disappointed, and don't forget motorhoming is about the journey not the destination!

Spinner

:D

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection