By NEILMAC on Friday, 29 May 2015
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 3.2K
Votes 0
Interesting article on the Spanish Traffico website (N332.es) defining what they consider to be parking and what is camping.

Interesting to note that opening swing-out windows is actually considered camping because the windows the extend beyond the footprint of the motorhome - Phew on a hot day!

Also levelling ramps are acceptable - well, I never knew that :dry:

Full article here http://n332.es/2015/05/28/motorhomes-parking-or-camping/
Hi Neil

I think this is the same as Greece in the bigger towns and cities when parking on the highway or in car parks.

It seems a pretty reasonable set of rules :unsure:

Thanks

Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil,
Wheel chocks are in a different classification to ramps, Chocks are mandatory for heavy vehicles and must be placed either in front or behind the wheels depending on whether vehicle is facing up or down the slope.

Ramps come under camping and are not permited because they were designed to elevate the vehicle not as an additional safety device. You will see trucks with a bracket to carry the wheel chocks just behind the cab and these days they will be mostly plastic and yellow coloured.

So by using ramps in the street you would then be classed as camping, but really it is so much more relaxed in Europe generally and there are plenty of Aires/Stellplatz/Areas de Servicio etc. its not worth the hassle, if the place you have stopped at is so uneven as to require leveling ramps just move to a more suitable spot.
ATB Phil
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ah, thanks Phil. That makes sense, my mistake.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil,
No worries it is a bit ambiguous seeing the illustration of the van in the second image. It refers to the items as Calzos (wedges) what I would call wheel chocks, the Spanish for motorhome/caravan ramps is Cuñas. Also it mentions turning the wheel to the kerb if on a slope which reinforces the message that it is for safety reasons not for van levelling.
I hope this helps ATB Phil
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post