Thursday, 10 September 2015
  1 Replies
  2.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi all.i am currently on holiday in Spain,I was driving on the motorway when a red warning light came on the dash,after checking the handbook I found it was a temperature warning light.the temperature dial was fine as was the coolant.after about five minutes the light went out and remained so for about 100 miles then came back on coming on and off intermittantly,anybody got any ideas.the van is a autocruise vista.peugot boxer 1.9 turbo
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Rabc.

Very frustrating when warning lights come on for no apparent reason :dry:

So long as you are sure that the system is not overheating then it is just a minor annoyance. When the light is on I think I would just check under the bonnet to satisfy my self that it wasn't actually overheating to the point that the light illuminates - hissing, clicking, ticking noises from the engine etc. Also that there has been no coolant loss when checked cold, if it had overheated it would have lost some fluid.

If all is well then your problem sounds like it is something to do with the sender to that light or a wiring connection to it. If you can find the sender it might be worth cleaning and remaking any connections. I've found an aerosol of electrical switch cleaner fluid really useful for this sort of thing.

Only my 2p worth but hope that helps :thumbs:

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection