By Tom1 on Monday, 16 November 2015
Posted in Meets and Rallies
Replies 12
Likes 0
Views 5.5K
Votes 0
Hi everyone,
Yes its me again, sorry my last idea for a meet up didn't happen.

However I have come to a decision recently I have not been using the van as often as I want, so I have come u with a cunning plan!

How does the idea of having a go at meeting up at a club motorhome spot for a night/weekend once every 2 or 3 months sound to everyone?

My initial idea will probably just start with me picking a place and letting you all know and see if anybody turns up!
I usually do like to go to the coast or water and I have ideas for meeting up in locations next to the water, for example the River Seven to see the Severn Bore etc.

The wife also wants to visit places like Warwick castle and all ideas from others are welcome always.

We do have young children 6 and 8 years old which I'm sure will put some people off at times but they wont always be with me. I also have kayaks on the roof, so I often go kayaking on my own.

Sorry to waffle on, would be good to hear any thoughts from you as I like to meet and chat to others!
Hiya Tom, it's a great idea and thanks for running with it :thumbs:

I think it will work best if you do as you've suggested and plan somewhere that you want to go yourself, hopefully the idea and location will then appeal to others. If we are anywhere near at the time, or at least in the UK, we would love to meet up :woohoo:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Neil.

That's what I will do, I will try to do the same abroad next year, as you may remember we did 25 days in France this year, however at the moment my family are all adamant that they do not want to go to Europe next year no matter what!
Despite me trying!

I will pick a venue, arrange with the owners that it might just be me or it might be a few of us and will pick somewhere with good food and a hot fire, for the first one at least!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sounds like just what's needed to tie in with the recent thtread of members telling us what their area is like for visitors. I guess you plan for school holidays for your trips but no reason why that should not meet with approval from the rest of us. Most do need a bit of notice to slot things into their travel plans.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Traveller,
I was planning to give plenty of notice.
As for the school holidays, yes we do go away for most of them (had 8 weeks, so far this year) but I try to go away every other weekend for at least 1 night, so at first I was planning on a Saturday night just for the one night.
So then people can turn up as and when they like on the Saturday and leave as they want on the Sunday.
Then they don't have to put up with me for too long!
After that however I might very well suggest longer times, if there is a consensus.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Oh and as for the 'my home town' thread talking about the local area of members.
I was shocked to learn there is a club motorhome stopover about 1 mile from my house, I hadn't realised, I don't know if its used much though.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sounds like a good idea.. I'm new to the motorhome world after 25 years caravanning! I live in Retford, Notts, so I'm fairly central
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sounds great. I am based near Newbury in Berkshire, where the A34 and M4 cross, so its easy to get most places.
I must admit we do tend to stay in the South, especially the South West and Wales, but I do need to make the effort to see more places, so a few trips Northwards will def be called for!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom

The wife (Lynda) and I would be up for a bit of get together, all depends when and where. Just an idea but have you thought about a meet-up either side of one of the Warners motorhome shows? At least quite a few members will be 'mobile'.

Good luck with your plan.

Paul
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Paul,
Not a bad idea, when are the warner shows? I haven't been to a show since Newbury 3 or 4 years ago. I was very disappointed with it!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I have emailed a few venues just to ask if they would be ok with a few of us turning up, 4 so far have come back with a positive response.
I was thinking a weekend towards the end of January might be good to allow enough time for planning and getting over the Christmas period.
I will post soon with a decision but unfortunately I will pick a venue that suits me and my family for the first instance because obviously we might be the only ones there!
The family have suggested a few things they might want to go and see but I am conscious wherever I pick it wont be in an easy location for many to come.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for al the interest, I have put a plan together and have decided to start a new thread with the specifics on.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Good on ya Tom, look forward to hearing your plan :woohoo:
·
7 years ago