Thursday, 10 December 2015
  7 Replies
  4.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I believe I've got a good result from a worrying problem with my EBL100 Schaudt Elektroblock.
When I bought it everything seemed ok and worked as it should.However during my trip to spain it developed a problem whereas it wouldn't charge the hab battery when driving and seemed to be wired up incorrectly to the fridge,the 12v came from the hab battery.I got by using gas and site electrics which did charge the batteries.
When I got home I had a check and found out someone had hotwired the +ve hab battery connection at the back of the unit to the front plug sockets in 3 places to the fridge and interior lights,also the D+ to the fridge had another wire from the ignition wired to it.I contacted the only uk dealer/repairer about repairing the unit but they refused to look at it as there"may be more electrical nightmares".
My solution was to contact Schaudt direct in germany,get a job number and sent it off to them.
They had it back to me within a week reconditioned with a jobsheet of parts and labour 197 euros C.O.D. sent by ups which equated to £137 approx .Now that is a result considering a unit over here is £250 exchange if they agree to do it for you.
I took out the offending bodge up wiring checked it all and installed the recon unit,
Result all works perfectly as it should .
I had a reply to an email to Udo Lang advising me that I didn't really need to connect the solar controller to the EBL100 but can go direct to the battery,as it is now on this model.
I have bought the correct control box LR1218 as I,m going to add a bigger solar panel and another battery in the new year and will connect it to the EBL as its got the correct plug connection with the unit.

Pete and jan

Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection