By Tom1 on Friday, 01 January 2016
Posted in Meets and Rallies
Replies 43
Likes 0
Views 5.8K
Votes 0
B)
Hi all, as some of you know I am organising some informal meets this year, the first one being at The Turfcutters Arms in the New Forest in two weeks time.
The loose plan being a late afternoon or early evening meet up at the pub followed by a drink or two and a meal in the pub, a night parked up in the car park etc.

Anyway I need to firm up numbers with Simon the Landlord in a week or so.

So all are :welcome1:

Can people please have a think and let me know if you are planning on coming.

Thanks in hope I'm not sat at the bar alone!
Hi
Us two oldies are interested, sounds like a good idea. Don't like to think you will be sat at the bar alone!!

S & G
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom

We won't be able to make this one but will be thinking of you all. Have a great time and thanks for organising. Hope to join you sometime.

New years greetings to you all.

Spinner and of course Mrs Spinner B)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Good morning Tom

So glad you are getting some response and it looks like, so far, the Stegles will be joining you. We would love to be there but not back in the UK in time. However, we certainly hope to catch up on a later meet :thumbs:

Hope you all have a great time and we'll say Cheers to you wherever we are on the 16th....
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Good morning Tom

So glad you are getting some response and it looks like, so far, the Stegles will be joining you. We would love to be there but not back in the UK in time. However, we certainly hope to catch up on a later meet :thumbs:

Hope you all have a great time and we'll say Cheers to you wherever we are on the 16th....

Hi boss, is it march time you are coming back to the real world? And how long will you be around for?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·

Hi boss, is it march time you are coming back to the real world? And how long will you be around for?

Hiya Tom. Yes back in March for an 80th birthday (not mine btw ) and then expected arrival of grandchild number 7!

So we should be around for a little while but flexible due to circumstances beyond our control :woohoo:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·

Hiya Tom. Yes back in March for an 80th birthday (not mine btw ) and then expected arrival of grandchild number 7!

So we should be around for a little while but flexible due to circumstances beyond our control :woohoo:

Carols 80th then

7 Grandkids! No wonder your always smiling, if the vans a rockin etc etc.

As you know im going to France on the 24th of March until something like the 10th of April but either side of that would be good to meet you, if we ended up being close by.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·

Carols 80th then

As you know im going to France on the 24th of March until something like the 10th of April but either side of that would be good to meet you, if we ended up being close by.

You're a brave man...... caromac will see this soon :side:

It would be lovely to meet up - I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·

Carols 80th then

You're a brave man...... caromac will see this soon :side:

It would be lovely to meet up - I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out :thumbs:

I'm very brave whilst she is in a different country! :lol:

Anyway just hide her glasses and she will never know!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I'm going to nickname you JCB - just keep on digging
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I'm going to nickname you JCB - just keep on digging

You wont be supprised to know thats very polite compared to many of my nicknames!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Anybody else coming? :laugh:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I'm going too Tom.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Bit too far for us Sheffielders at this time of year but may b interested in future meets - well done for organising something
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:woohoo: So That's Mothy and Segle so far.

I might be on my own, I was hoping to deposit the kids at my in laws anyway but my miserable wife is in 2 minds, but we will see what pans out come the day.
I will prob aim to arrive around 4.30pm before its dark but as I said we will see.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hope it goes ok Tom, Plenty of time for her to cool off. Funny enough I have one of those things called a wife and very similar in fact to my recent post on air suspension-not as smooth a run as I had expected but overall she has kept me stabilised and I would definitely pay ??????? a bloody site more than £800 quid!!!!!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hope it goes ok Tom, Plenty of time for her to cool off. Funny enough I have one of those things called a wife and very similar in fact to my recent post on air suspension-not as smooth a run as I had expected but overall she has kept me stabilised and I would definitely pay ??????? a bloody site more than £800 quid!!!!!

:thumbs:
For 800 you can have my beloved wife, but she is sold as seen, no warantee or returns!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I've got a well used husband, must have 60 odd thousand miles on the clock but still works well !!!

G
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I've got a well used husband, must have 60 odd thousand miles on the clock but still works well !!!

G

Lol
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ooops! Oh well, I got it all wrong. Not the first time I've put my foot in it.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Just thought I would let you know Neil and Caro have just given me a contribution for drinks for next Saturday night!!
:woohoo: :kiss: :cheer: :thumbs:

Thanks so much guys, it was your kindness and honesty that bought me here in the first place, But I didn't expect it!

So looks like it will be a good evening, with at least the 1st drink or two on them. Or lots of dinks for me, second thoughts, meet cancelled! I will be at the bar, happily alone! B) (joke)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Cheers, that was kind.

G
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Lovely gesture Boss, thank you
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Lovely gesture Boss, thank you

Makes you wonder what he's after doesn't it!

On another note, Simon the pub landlord has reserved a table for us for 6pm. I don't know when people will want to sit down but went with his suggestion.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
ok
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi all.
Slight update. About saturday, looks like my whole tribe are comming, kids too.
The wife will take them to bed fairly early though.
We might actually go tomorrow night and spend 2 nights in the forest.

What time do you hope to arrive?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom1

No problem. we expect to arrive 3ish but don't worry if you are out out and about with the family. Look forward to seeing you all.

S & G
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom1

No problem. we expect to arrive 3ish but don't worry if you are out out and about with the family. Look forward to seeing you all.

S & G

And you. Will be good to meet.
It may all change by tomorrow night but we will see! :rolleyes:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Would have loved to have come, but if you've seen our blog you'll see we're in Sicily, rather a long way to go - and it would only have been 15 miles from home!! Weknow the Turfcutters well - a proper pub :-)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Would have loved to have come, but if you've seen our blog you'll see we're in Sicily, rather a long way to go - and it would only have been 15 miles from home!! Weknow the Turfcutters well - a proper pub :-)

Next time! :welcome1:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Well thats me all ready to leave.
Just the wait for the family to get home now!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Last call, anybody else fancy the turfcutters arms saturday night??
:welcome1:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I'm making an appearance mate as promised but won't be able to make a night of it due to annoying unseen circumstances. Leaving home in a moment but only live down the road. See you there.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Will be great to see you.

We are at hythe marina now but will be over to the pub in a little while.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:cheer:
Thanks Mothy and stegle for a great night and good conversation.

Was great to meet you all Martin, Sue, Steve and Glenda.
Thanks for putting up with us and the kids and hopefully other meets will be as sucessful! :woohoo:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
glad it all went well for you :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Tom! It wasn't you! I laid in bed thinking and it suddenly came to me, it was someone else. I'm talking about tiler. Anyway, for a grumpy unsociable old sod I actually enjoyed last night. Steve and Glenda were a good laugh too. Most credit though goes to Adam and Amy, two very bored and then tired kids that were so well behaved. Well done kids. We all had a laugh though.
Thank everyone.
Thank you Neil, for your generous contribution to our evening.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Martin.
It was great to meet likeminded people.
By that i mean all with motorhomes, all in the building trades, all practical and like to do as much to the vans ourselves as we can etc.

It would be really great to do it again sometime soon.
You can even bring Sue with you again if you have to!

Oh and today we went and had a nose at Leap and at your 'wild' spot on shore road. I agree a great spot for the night providing the tides are not too high! Lol.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I saw the photo!

What a great looking bunch - glad you had a great time :kiss:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I saw the photo!

What a great looking bunch - glad you had a great time :kiss:

Glad you go it in the end! Thanks Neil without you they never would have had to meet me!

·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Im not sure the blog reads great as never written one before but the software is so easy, even I could do it!!!

Even im impressed! :woohoo:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom & Et al

It was great to see you had a good evening at the Turfcutters and made it happen. Where was the poster of the 'Boss'?

I read your Blog on the Meet, well done and thanks

Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom & Et al

It was great to see you had a good evening at the Turfcutters and made it happen. Where was the poster of the 'Boss'?

I read your Blog on the Meet, well done and thanks

Spinner

I had to take it down. It was putting people off the food!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post