Monday, 04 January 2016
  9 Replies
  3.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi all

I've just been reading a readers letter in MMM, regarding UK aires petition. It was saddening to read that only 3376 signatures have been posted requesting local councils to consider opening aires in their towns, I'm sure there are more motorhome users who would wish there were more aires but don't know about the petition, for obvious reasons the CC and CCC don't want people to know about the petition for cheap sites.
If all reading this could pass on the info regarding the petition I'm sure it would boost the number and help all in the long run, both motorhomers and local businesses

Google:- petition.parliament and click on "view all open petitions" and type "aires" (https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/105748)

Jinks1
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I agree with the opening up of car parks.
However if they dont provide the odd service point
I dont see it having much sucess.
Many people are lazy and messy in all walks of life and if the facilities are not provided a minority will always abuse things, I fear!
I know we all wouldnt abuse it and would be grateful of being allowed to stay.

Saying that places like Torridge council in North Devon allow overnighting in 6 council car parks between march and october. It was £5 a night last time i went, which is fine.
All the local cafes and shops have noticed an increase in weekend trade according to torridge council.
But when i asked about travellers they said they have had no problem at all. I do think sometimes people can make things worse on both sides.
Cornwall council are famous for being anti motorhome but they are consulting about copying the torridge model.
But as the head of the council owns a campsite near looe, im not putting money on it!

So i think it is slowly changing in some places but slow is the operative word!

Saying that though, i have been motorhoming for 35 years. Been on only 3 sites in the last 10 years!
So you can make it work here if you try.

I have been to honfleur many times too and will stop there again at easter on my way back to the ferry!

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection