By EddiePark on Tuesday, 27 March 2012
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 2.8K
Votes 0
Hi, We are going to Europe for 6 months maybe a year.
Trouble is we are selling our house, so will have no permanant address in UK. How can we get affordable insurance?
Any suggestions.
Hi, We are going to Europe for 6 months maybe a year.
Trouble is we are selling our house, so will have no permanant address in UK. How can we get affordable insurance?
Any suggestions.

Hi EddiePark,

With absolutely no UK address I think you may have difficulties, as you would with your driving licence, V5 and other official documents anyway. You don't need to actually be the 'owner' of a UK address so could you not use a friend or relative's address as your UK 'base'?

And, welcome to the forums
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Chris,

Where will your UK address be while you are inbetween properties while you sell and then rebuy? This will be the address I imagine you will use for all your official stuff like V5, DVLA, Insurances, Electoral Roll, Tax office etc etc.

If this is your daughter's property I don't see why they have a problem with this. If you are actually 'fulltimng' then I see their point and why they charge an increased premium.

Could there be a misunderstanding of the circumstances with the individual you spoke to? Maybe a chat with a 'manager' might help.

Hope you can get it sorted.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi

We are with Comfort and we have to pay a full timing premium because we cannot comply with their statement that we must be able to provide either utility bills or a tenancy agreement. As we live with my parents when not travelling we can do neither of these.

The full timing premium is payable whether we are in the UK or on the continent.

Good Luck
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Interesting that they mention about the electoral roll because I am on the electoral roll at my address and have been for many years.
Comfort told me that because I do not own the house and do not rent it they say that I must be fulltiming and must pay the enhanced premium.

To be fair I do spend a lot of time away either working or travelling. However there must be other people out there who do as well, but as they own their own house, even if rented out, don't get charged the enhanced premium.

I have come to terms with the fact that to enjoy the lifestyle and freedom that I do, it is going to cost me x amount of money.

At least Comfort will reimburse you when your circumstances change.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post