Saturday, 09 January 2016
  11 Replies
  4.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
:unsure: I am planning on my first venture into unknown territory, France, and anywhere else beyond. I have read all the usual advisory sites on laws and road signs but there is nothing as good as real 'been there, done it' from you guys. Firstly, are stick on deflectors easy and obvious? Secondly, what are the Police most bothered about over there? Any advice would be excellent.
Thanks all.
p.s I can say hello in French!
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
A few years ago I was parked up at Citie De Europe whilst wife did the last minute shopping, suddenly a van and a car full of gendarmes arrived and started looking at all the british registered vehicles on the car park, they then started to issue tickets to all of them that did not display a nationality plate on the rear or did not have beam deflectors on the headlights, the guy parked next to me protested that he had only just come over on the shuttle and would be going back in the afternoon, both trips in broad daylight, no such luck ! he still got an on the spot fine.
This was the first and only time I have seen this happen but it made me realise that for the sake of a couple of pounds and 3 minutes time to fit them its far better than a €50 fine.

Regards Phil
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection