By NEILMAC on Sunday, 31 January 2016
Posted in Top Motorhome Tips
Replies 6
Likes 0
Views 4.2K
Votes 0
Did you know that you can? :unsure:

You can do this on an Android or iPhone by opening the Google Maps app and selecting the city you want (after signing in to your Google account).

Then you simply download it while you have a connection for later use.

I haven't tried it yet but the idea sounds good, there's some more info here Using Google Maps While Offline
Hi Neil

Have you had a look at the free 'phone app BE-ON-ROAD or is this what you mean? I had a quick play with it and it did the job.

Glenda
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil

Have you had a look at the free 'phone app BE-ON-ROAD or is this what you mean? I had a quick play with it and it did the job.

Glenda

No, I haven't seen that app - is it any good?

I just had a look at Google Maps as in my original post but don't seem to be able to find a download button :roll:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil

Google to see more about BE-ON-ROAD. I have only tried it once in the car, it did the job but my 'phone is old and it used quite a bit of battery power - should have had charger with me.

G
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Neil, I clicked on google maps from a normal search. I typed in a city and up out came with a blue box with different options. They were save, share and download. I pressed download and was faced with a warning about the size of the file and a choice to continue or exit. Maybe it's different if you go through an app?.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Can't find be on road on app store.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Neil, I clicked on google maps from a normal search. I typed in a city and up out came with a blue box with different options. They were save, share and download. I pressed download and was faced with a warning about the size of the file and a choice to continue or exit. Maybe it's different if you go through an app?.

Thanks Mothy, I'm on IOS rather than Android so I think it may be a (cr)Apple problem..... :roll:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post