Monday, 06 June 2016
  4 Replies
  4.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello

Chatting to newly found friends the other night we got talking about road trips and this got me thinking about great drives that we have done in our motorhome. I short-listed our top three and here they are.

It would be interesting to hear what others have done.

Spinner :kiss:

2009, Morocco, Tiz n Test

2012, Norway,https://www.visitnorway.no/reisemal/vestlandet/nordvest/">Atlantic Road

2014, Portugal, N22 Douro Valley

:D

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
A trip that stays in my mind was a few years ago...

The road crosses the High Alps between Col de Lauteret and Valloire, if you put 45.052311, 6.393590 into GoogleEarth it should show the small layby where I parked to get the shot.

The road is not for the feint-hearted but well worth the effort, it nearly reduced caromac to tears being the passenger seeing the enormous dropoffs and lack of guard rails, but even she would do it again (with a little persuasion ;) )

If you look on Google Earth there is StreetView available so you can actually drive the route from the comfort and safety of your armchair :woohoo:

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection