Monday, 22 August 2016
  5 Replies
  3.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Has anyone replaced the slats or central beam on a drop down bed?
Has anyone replaced the slats with something different ( perforated hardboard etc)
Has anyone any experience of the Froli bed system? We are considering getting this but it is rather expensive and would ideally be installed on a solid base rather than struts, so a lot of work and expense ...
We have a 2001 Hymer and the bed was fantastic until last couple of years, we replaced the mattress only to discover we had the same problem with sagging along the middle, struts and support beam seemed ok when we checked so assumed it was the mattress ....sadly not.
The original Hymer mattress was the best mattress I have ever slept on, the replacement ( also from Hymer and very expensive) is the worst mattress I have ever slept on. Sadly we were too far away from Germany when we realised this and then we left it too long to ask for a replacement.
So we also need a new mattress!
I have a feeling this is going to be a real headache of a job and very expensive but now we are full time in the van we need the bed to be as good as it used to be

« Vive La France, le paradis du camping-car! »

Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection