Sunday, 09 October 2016
  5 Replies
  3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello, thought I would say hello, I am a solo camper with my little (Mastiff) dog, quite often with C&CC DA meets, Funster meets as well as other clubs.
I am an all year round camper, upgraded my motorhome last April as the gearbox went in my old one & could not source the parts. The one I replaced it with drives lovely, but when I went to see the van, my mate took me in his Smart car, so my Mastiff was left at home. If I had her with me, proberly would not have bought it, as there was not any floor space for her. So with the help of my brother, took the front dinette seat out along with the partition rear of drivers seat & made it an L shaped seat which gave me plenty of floor space for my little girlie without losing any seats. Had fitted, solar panel, safe gas bottles, replace cooker rings, window catches, door lock on gas cupboard, had 2 captains seats fitted & made the living area a lot bigger, new 12v TV & booster system, outside light as well replacing all the lights with LED, every part in the fridge (gas) replaced as it was not working & so much more,
Just a few more jobs to do & it is completed.
Looking forward to getting away later in the week again. Going on a C&CC BCC meet at Banham in Norfolk.

Deg3y & his Shadow

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there.
Welcome! :D

Just a little note about the gearbox on your old van. Was it a fiat ducato 1.9td?, If it was your right your the parts were discontinued years ago, however if you have the problem again, I know how to get round it.
I have done my own and another for a friends, without issue.

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello Deg3y

I am sure you will have great fun, especially if the nice Autumn weather continues.

Spinner:)

:D

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Deg3y ... I travel with a Labrador and I took him with me to view it It has a nice pull out bed that Max loves as he can sit and see out ... I did have to modify his travel harness to go from the forward travel seat ... but it was simple
Norfolk is a great county ... I tend to go up to Brancaster as the beach is fantastic ... lots of dog friendly pubs and sites ... which is a must for me
Can we have a front view of the lady :D

Max on Brancaster beach

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi, it was a 2.3 TD & it was the first one of this particular model, where there was a car gearbox put in, & after 6 months they changed the gearbox to a more meatier one (so I am told anyway), tried for over a year to get replacements even after it was rebuilt, I could have got one from Germany for over £1000 plus carriage, thought it was not worth it.

Deg3y & his Shadow

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi, it was a 2.3 TD & it was the first one of this particular model, where there was a car gearbox put in, & after 6 months they changed the gearbox to a more meatier one (so I am told anyway), tried for over a year to get replacements even after it was rebuilt, I could have got one from Germany for over £1000 plus carriage, thought it was not worth it.

Ahh well mine is the other way, I found out by accident that the internals from a current car actually fit my gearbox and all parts are available new still.
So I have rebuilt mine with the brand new parts and its been great.

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection