Sunday, 03 December 2017
  24 Replies
  5.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Following a discussion on another thread that touched on servicing the motorhome (waste empty and water filling) whilst away.
I thought I would tell you all how I do it when using wild spots and CM stopovers.

Firstly I search out places like West Beach Hayling island, Canterbury park and ride because they have 'aire' style facilities provided.

Secondly I email CM stopovers to ask if I can stay and of there is any chance of servicing the motorhome, I make it clear all I need is a loo or a manhole and a tap.
90% have been positive and willing to help.

Thirdly. Commercial campsites, I have used 4, just pulled in and explained what I need and ask if there is any chance, each time the person I have asked has put a bit of change in their pocket and been happy to allow me in for 15 minutes.
I have found the larger and busier the site, the happier they are to allow it.

Fourthly, shops and garages etc.
I have asked when buying things if they know anywhere I can fill up with water.
'What do you need' is the reply I hope for.
3 times I can remember putting my hose over fences to outside taps they have.
The last one was in Tintagel Cornwall, the hardware/camping shop next to the car park.

For me I'm just cheeky and ask but always respectful and expect nothing and it seems to work!

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection