Monday, 27 May 2019
  12 Replies
  3.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
First time Post, about to go out on our first trip in our new motorhome, do you have any suggestions on which levelling blocks are the best to use, I read something about being mindful of whi h surfaces they stand on as some seem to "split" on gravel. Cheers
Rate this post:
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have fiamma plastic ones and they are split slightly, but I don't use them regularly.
However somebody else here sent them back even after 3 years they replaced them free of charge.

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks, will have a look at them.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
They have worked fine for me over 5 years, just slight splitting underneath but very minor at the moment.

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have the big black milenco ones wich are great when you need the extra height had them 5 years noticed they started go flat I contacted milenco just see if did a better pair as I like them they replied said send them back with 8 pounds to cover postage we will send you new set if had receipts would been free now that's a good service not many company like that
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks, I have ordered some Fiamma blocks, so see how we go.
Votes
Undo
Should be a good choice smudger, we've had 1 pair of yellow ones for 10 years. First for our 3850kg van then our 4400kg van and now on our tiddler. Mind you we rarely use them as we've usually found we can park in a way that is mostly OK without them.

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
just be mindful that levelling ramps on tarmac or concrete some times become missiles depending on the surface, I did miss the wife though,
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I bought some black ones at a car boot sale ones that came in smart bag ... they don't have a solid base and just sunk into the grass ... so I carry carpet to sit them on ... seems to do the job and I manage to level snail up quite easily now ... the fridge don't like it if it's not level ... and Max dog does not like it if his bed is not level :D :D :D :D

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks to you all, set off on our first outing on Thursday, with said blocks. Hope this gets to all who replied. Cheers Smudger55
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Where are you going Smudger55?

Also Magnums point about missiles is very accurate, I park mine on metal car ramps when at home and they slide on my driveway, as I drive in to them sometimes, especially the n/s one if the drive is wet.

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We are off down the road to Dorset, jurassic coast. Cheers
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hope you have a good time.
If you decide to go further West, Exmouth has council car parks you can overnight in without any planning in advance.

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection