Wednesday, 25 September 2019
  6 Replies
  3.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Short version of sad story. Visited Cornwall, got on to road I should not have been on, damage to rear light fairings. IMG_0397.jpg

Does anyone know of a source of secondhand parts for a Hymervan522? Both sides are broken but the left hand is the more badly damaged.

Thanks
Rate this post:
Votes
Undo
Ouch! That's a bugger.....

If the damage is mostly to the plastics you should find that most bodyshops will take care of that :)

Also, not had any experience of these but might be worth talking to them https://motorhomebumpers.com/

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
My dad recently repaired some on a 2011 hymer for someone because they couldn't get the parts, I do remember it was a special edition model and the bumper wasn't available, however if it was the standard model it was available from hymer direct. I'm not sure if it was a 522 though.

Its such a shame that these parts are discontinued so fast and that they are so weak in the first place!

Best of luck with it.

Tom

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The plastic or GRP fairing is easily repairable. If you have damaged the lights then you might find something here.

Title

:D

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
My Son in Law is a Smart Repairer. Those guys could sort that out for you at home for.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Can parpot53 be more specific about what a smart repairer is? The post does not seem to have a live link.
I've had other things to do and I'm just getting back to dealing with repairs.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Smart Repairers are guys that normally come to your house or place of work and either do paintless dent removals or smart repairs. They can plastic weld, colour match and repair at a fraction of the costs of paint/repair shops. Google "Chips Away" but there are loads around.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection