By Grouty on Monday, 18 June 2012
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 3
Likes 0
Views 1.9K
Votes 0
Hi. My name is Alan. I live in Sandhurst in Berkshire.
Last year I was lucky enough to buy an Elddis Autoquest 155.
So far we've travelled around Dorset,Devon,Somerset and Wales.
Ann and I have found it really enjoyable and far more convenient than the caravan we had, which we did 1500 miles in France in 2010.
This year July 5th we intend to go over to France and visit Belgium, Germany and Switzerland. On our caravan trip we only discovered the power and water points on our last day.
Any tips would be gratefully received. Thanks.
Hello Grouty and welcome to the forum.

I see that you're venturing over the seas in July.

I can't off any advice on Switzerland or Germany but we've just back from France and tipped our toes into Belgium going to Ypres (Ieper) to visit the Menin Gate Ceremony.

When in France we usually stop on aires or use the ACSI campsite book which gives cheap stops out of season so not sure it will be any good for you in July.

There's some good stops on this site under the Magazine section.

Do you have a route yet?

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Alan ,We have Sunseeker 200 Eldiss,which I think is much the same shape as yours,We have had our van for 3 years and probably done more mileage abroad,then in UK.Good to have are all the French aires book,and the Bord atlas for Germany,while this is in German its is easy to follow,we just had two weeks in Germany and stayed on a campsite for two nights in that time.Never paid more than 10euro,s for a night.
We take a 15Meter and 25meter lead as you sometime need to connect to reach.Have only once been unsure about staying on Stellplatz,and that turned out to be no problem,same with French aires,we do try to be where we want to stop by 3/4pm only once been unlucky.Belgium also nice places to stop.We also travel with two 6kg propane.Any other help you want just ask,and Welcome to Club Motor home.Sorry not been as far as Switzerland
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sorry forgot also good book is Camperstop Europe,all the books mentioned come from http://www.vicariousbooks.co.uk
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post