By Hclrkhrry@aol.com on Wednesday, 24 October 2012
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 2.2K
Votes 0
Hello all Autotrail owners

I am a Cheiftain 2011owner, I would love to hear from other Cheiftain owners about their experiences, problems and good things about their unit

H
Hi

I am a new member, I was a caravanner up to a year ago but now I am a motor homer and love it

I am retired, but as a hobby I sing in clubs around the North of Uk, mainly Yorkshire, Lancashire and Nottinghamshire

I purchased a new Autotrail Cheiftain last November, just about finished buying all the necessary equipment and accessories and trying to get plenty of use out of it due to cost outlay

Recently spent 10 days on the Isle of Wight weather was great, we intend to go back next year

So to finish off, glad to join the world of Motorhoming, nice to be a member

Harry Clarke
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Harry, I had a quick search and there are a few Chieftain owners on here so hopefully you can get them posting at some stage :thumbs:

Did you find the Isle of Wight very motorhome friendly? We only have a couple of stopover locations listed there so please let us know if there are other good places to add.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neilmac

Only been once, we went to Whitecliffe Bay holiday park on the west side of the island. They have a very large touring park with which is separate to the static caravan site, however you can still use all the facilities. We liked the site and there was a good number of hard staring sites (with electric, water and drainage) these were all large enough for outfit and also for the larger RVs.

We saled from Portsmouth to Fishbourne, the site was only about half hour away from the ferry terminal, the site also has an area for late arrivals, we sailed on the midnight ferry.

Kindest regards

Harry Clarke
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Neilmac