By silkcut1105 on Thursday, 22 November 2012
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 2K
Votes 0
hi everyone just thought i would introduce myself and er indoors to this new forum we have a swift belair 750 ,very pleased with it .a few problems at first but now its great .hope to see u all on our travels next year .stuart,,and kathy........
Hi Stuart and Kathy :welcome1:

Great to see you on here and another Bel-Air owner too :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:welcome2:

A very warm welcome Stuart and Kathy.

Glad your Bel Air has been sorted. Nice looking motorhomes.

:welcome4:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello all. Decided to join a couple of days ago as we like the site set up and ease of use. Particularly, being able to "cut to the chase" as it were, and go straight to motorhome topics that interest us and avoid those that don't.

We live on the Suffolk coast, literally 300 yards from the beach and think we are very fortunate to have retired in our mid 50s. I have a particular interest in food and cooking and fancy myself as a bit of a chef and my wife is a good critic of the results. We both enjoy walking and reading and exploring the treasures of countryside and towns in the UK and Europe.

We bought a Rapido 9048 new in 2008 after many years of caravanning and did a three month inaugural trip to France, Italy Germany, Holland and Belgium in the summer of 2009. Since then we spend five or six month away, usually in France each year.

We have a travelling companion, a white poodle who we found through the RSPCA in 2010 at two years old, she is a bit nervous of strangers having been knocked around a bit before she was rescued by the RSPCA but she is confident and affectionate with us, is a great traveller, good company and a brilliant guard dog. She really likes to be with us all the time, so the motorhome is great. She also enjoys sitting with us in restaurants in France and is fine on buses and trains etc.

We came back from the south of France in November and even now we are planning our new year trip and we look forward to sharing ideas and information with other motorhome enthusiasts.

Ian & Sue
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Ian and Sue and a very warm :welcome1: to the site.

It sounds idyllic where you live so you've got the best of both worlds what with the Motorhome as well.

We've also got a Rapido but the 9066df model which we love (after a few initial teething problems).

We've got 5 years of motorhoming experience but haven't been as adventurous as we thought we would just visiting Spain, France and Portugal so in 2014 we're doing Croatia, Slovenia, Italy and Germany - hopefully.

Well done for rescuing a dog - we've got a Border Terrier who also is a great traveller but not so good with other dogs.

Look forward to hearing from you on the forum and if you've any good tips re recipes or cooking utensils for the Motorhome please share them. We use a Remoska, a slow cooker and a halogen hob when on EHU.(not all at the same time mind!)

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post