By grahmac on Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 7
Likes 0
Views 4.8K
Votes 0
Hi All
My name is Graham and wife Chris we live in Western Australia. We are members of the CMCA (campervan and motorhome club of Australia). WE have joined you here in an effort to garner information about UK motorhoming as we will be visiting the UK mid next year. Any info appreciated
Thanks Graham
:welcome1: to our forum

Many years ago people sold campers in Market street in Islington, London at the weekends in the street there but I have not heard of it recently.
A couple of websites worth a look are Preloved who have a motorhome section and wickedcampers Who some have said run a buy back service. You may also need a UK base to Insure it so that needs to be considered for the purchase option
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Freedom and also for the welcome, we will probably hire one as the visit will only be about 1 month (wife's brothers wedding ) then a small amount of sightseeing.

We own a Toyota coaster fitted out into a Motorhome, which we like to get away at in least 1 weekend a month

Graham :cheer: :cheer:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi grahmac and :welcome3: to the forum.

Which area of the UK will you be visiting?

Please ask away if you have any queries I'm sure someone will be able to offer advice re sightseeing, places to stop, etc.

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Chris
We will be going to Thirsk in the first instance (Brothers Wedding). Then being of Scottish heritage must visit Eillan Donan Castle. After that wherever the fancy takes us !!!!
Graham
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Chris687
Try these 2 they are both reasonably close to the airport, both are australia wide companies.

http://www.britz.com.au/perth-campervan-hire

http://www.apollocamper.com/campervan-hire-locations-perth.aspx

Graham
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·