By kontiki on Friday, 01 March 2013
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 3
Likes 0
Views 2.1K
Votes 0
Thought I'd join & thank Neil & Caroline for their company at Tavernes De La Valldigna. Made it to Capbreton without any problems despite the weather being a bit rough to Zaragoza. Clutch seems to be behaving itself but still taking it easy. Decided to have a few days rest here (at least until Monday) weather looks like turning wet on Tuesday so we will continue on our way home. Had report from hospital & using google to translate it, it is hopefully ok, no major problems.

Decided to stop the night at Marlofa (free stop with free electric) about half a dozen other vans here, then drove down to Irun on the free motorway then the 121A. Nice easy drive mostly downhill.

Feeeling a lot more comfortable now we are back in France & can take it easy driving back to the tunnel. All being well if I get on at the doctors ok & we get the clutch sorted we will be back down south again next year. Think we just need to write this years trip as one of our worse ones.

Ed
Hi and :welcome1:

Glad your journey north is going well. You left here just in time to beat the attrocious weather! - I posted a couple of videos on our YouTube channel (access via menu under 'members') its been quite dramatic....

Glad your reults look good
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Looks like we got away in time, most of the way the weather wan't too bad. Then we had some light snow & drizzle, just pretty dismal but the wind was light. When we got to Zaraoza the sun was shining but it was cold, the truck stop at Marlofa was the quietest I had seen it for wagons but a lot more motorhomes there. Journey to Saint Jean du Luz ws again good weather but lots of snow in the fields. Will definitely have to try the Somfort tunnel route when the van is fxed.

Weather here at Capbreton getting better until about Tuesday, so it will be time to move again.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I notice on google maps the Marlofa garage has a big Repsol LPG/GPL tank. Nothing on the Price board to say they sell it. Did you notice if they have recently had a pump fitted to dispense it?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post