By KenAndKathleen on Monday, 08 April 2013
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 7
Likes 0
Views 2.3K
Votes 0
Hi, currently in Portugal, near Albefuriea. Planning to move on to Spain shortly. Would like to visit Cordoba. Please, does anyone know of "Aire" or Campsite either within walking distance, or, with Bus connection to Cordoba. Thanks PS SatNav co-ordinates would be useful, if you have them.
Hi KenandKathleen,

Can't help from personal experience but this place seems popular

Hope this helps .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you very much Neilmac!

What a quick response.

I will report back.

Regards

ken
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You could try here never stopped there myself but it looks really handy for the centre ..rough translation of the information ....."Parking located right next to the police station and Fire. Very appropriate for the visit to the Mosque and around the historic center of Cordoba. At about 200 m. is the Puerta de Sevilla and the historic center.
About 500 m. is the City of Children (large free space, combining parkland with various games and attractions for all ages)"

http://www.areasac.es/v_portal/apartados/apartado.asp?te=1911

Brian
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you bktayken, have checked out the link. I will post follow up, when we have been to Cordoba. Will not be for a couple of weeks yet, still toasting ourselves on the Algarve, or, should I say drying ourselves out. We had rain from Calais to Southern Portugal! Well, slight remission at St Jean de luz, but, otherwise rain, rain and more rain.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Would be interested to hear if this aire is any good ,it was a long time ago since we visited Cordoba and missed most of the place so to go back is one of our plans. Shame about the weather but at least its warm rain :laugh:

Brian
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Brian

Visited Cordoba today and found the parking area you mentioned.

The good news is, it is very near the "old city", Mosque etc.

The not so good news is. There are no aire like facilities. The parking bays are car sized, not campervan size, but, see later. When we arrived (about midday, Monday), the parking area was deserted, except for a very beaten up Ford Transit van, and a French Campervan. There is an entry/exit barrier, and a charge of 30Cents per hour, with a maximum of 20Euro per day. Once in, you cannot exit without paying. The machine alledgely accepts credit cards, but, we used cash. There are CCTV cameras in evidence, but, we did not personally feel "comfortable" about staying there overnight. There were no signs to indicate you could or could not do so. Given that the place was empty, the small bays did not pose a problem, the French Campervan was just spanning two of them. We chose to follow "PlanB" and go to a campsite at Villafranca, with a bus service to Cordoba. I can let you know how that goes if you wish.

Regards

Ken
http://www.kenandkathleen.blogspot.com
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for the reply Ken
That's a shame about the uncomfortable feeling you got here, but I do totally understand we have done exactly the same at some "Spanish Aires" and moved on in fact that's is our golden rule if we are both not happy we move.
Have a good trip

Brian
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post