By NEILMAC on Friday, 14 June 2013
Posted in Meets and Rallies
Replies 25
Likes 0
Views 8.2K
Votes 0
Some of you may know that we are installed at a campsite in Cornwall for the summer working as wardens and think it would be a great location for a 'meet'.

Sometime in September is the plan but flexible on which actual dates so suggestions welcome!

The campsite is located just south of St Austell and is by the sea (10 minute walk downhill), has an outdoor heated pool, shop/cafe, nearby pub (1 mile away) and friendly staff

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]padJ3oDDGHk[/video]
The campsite's slightly cheesey promo video

There's quite a few local attractions like the Lost Gardens of Heligan, Mevagissey and the Coastal Path is on the doorstep providing some lovely walking - see photos:

Some photos of the campsite

Pitches are mostly on firm grass with some hardstanding and the rates are pretty reasonable:

Seaview International

So, please respond if you are interested in attending a meet and your preferred dates and I'll see what can be arranged :thumbs:

If you haven't seen my blog about working here as wardens, catch up here:

Campsite Wardens

Campsite Wardens - Busy, busy, busy!

Campsite Wardens - One week in......

Campsite Wardens - So what does the work entail?
apple crumble and custard sounds good
Probably be in between motorhomes at that time,but only a short drive from weston for a day-trip ?
cheers pete
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Pete, will be good to see you motorhome or not :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Neil

We would have loved to but are going to be at Oktoberfest in Munich. Somehow we have ended up working on a campsite again this year, but it's only until mid-August to help out. Good to hear you're still enjoying it.

Elspeth and Ian
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi you two!

Sorry you can't make it but enjoy the Fest! :thumbs:

BTW There was an Oktoberfest held near to the 'Taste of Spain' location - strangely it was in March! :dry:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil - yes we would be interested but only have a 'window' between 23-27th Sept.

We are in Cornwall (Crantock) 6-13th Sept staying in a cottage so may pop over to have a look at the site as it looks lovely & a possible venue for us next year.

Chris & Graham
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Chris,

Good reason to set the dates then!

Taste of Cornwall meet 23-27th Sept 2013

Look forward to seeing you both (and Archie) :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Looking good for us to make it at the end of Sept. We should get back from Germany on 20th so can make our way over to the Taste of Cornwall. Hung back from suggesting a date to suit us as did not want the date hung round our arrangements.
Be great to catch up with old friends and maybe make new ones.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Look forward to seeing you both :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
OK, I've confirmed the dates (23rd - 27th Sept 2013) with the campsite Seaview International

And, I'm pleased to say that they have agreed to a 10% discount on bookings for this meet :thumbs:

All attendees need to make their own booking via the campsite's website or by phone to Sarah on 01726 843425 and please do mention Club Motorhome so that your discount is applied.

I'll keep a running list of attendees in the first post of this topic - so if you book without posting your intention on the forums please let me know so that I can add you to the list
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Will do Neil - thanks

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Dates look good as will be down(ish) that neck of the woods at Brean with Facts till 23rd Sept.

Regards

Alan
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Forgot to say to please add us to the list.

Alan
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Looking forward to meeting up with you both plus Keith and Pauline

Chris & Graham
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Forgot to say to please add us to the list.

Alan

Excellent! Look forward to seeing you both
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Please add us to the list.
Steve & Jo
:thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Good morning Steve & Jo - names added :thumbs:

Look forward to seeing you both
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Tried to Ring Sarah today but answer machine on. Had a go with the website to book but said no availability for 23rd Sept. :woohoo: Had another go and it is 27th that seems unavailable. anyone else had a problem>
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Tried to Ring Sarah today but answer machine on. Had a go with the website to book but said no availability for 23rd Sept. :woohoo: Had another go and it is 27th that seems unavailable. anyone else had a problem>

Think Sarah may be in the office on her own today - so worth trying again by phone.

As for the website..... Definitely availability so ignore it :roll: There should be plenty of room for us at that time of the season's end :thumbs:

I'll suggest to Sarah that she gets the website sorted :whistle:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Keith - I booked yesterday evening via the website - it said 'low availability' for the hardstanding but I had no problems booking.

Hope you are both well

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yes we are both well. Still waiting for an answer on when the new van will be here. Looking like we will still be using it in August and the intention is to call in at Cornwall on our way back home, so unless it arrives before we go I can see it being October before we get it.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Got through to Roger and all booked, can't wait
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Due to very unforeseen circumstances have had to cancel the trip to Seaview. Have emailed them with request for return of payment. Hope to meet up either at a static place or perhaps a rolling pub crawl.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Just had email to say money credited back to my account , hope to catch up with all of you before too long.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
With some regret, and following consultations with the attendees, that due to unforeseen changes at the campsite I have marked this meet as CANCELLED.

Thanks to all for your interest and support with this :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
sorry to hear of the problems you,ve had,hope you have better luck next time.All The best.Pete and Jan
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post