By Duchess on Sunday, 18 August 2013
Posted in Beginners
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 2.2K
Votes 0
Evening all,

Just got back from our first 'sleepover' in Bessie and we have a query about grey waste disposal. We're a little surprised that she didn't come with a grey waste hose but this is obviously easily rectified by buying one :silly:, However, does it need some sort of coupler to fix it to outlet on the van? We can see that it is a female connector on the van, but does the hose simply screw into it, or do we need a male connector to join the two together? If the latter is the case, can you tell me its correct name so I know what to search for :roll: .

Apologies if this sounds ignorant but if you don't ask, you don't know.

Thanks

Kate x
Does Bessie have a tap underneath approx under the rear locker. We have a hose pipe from a washing machine which fits over the tap outlet. This we can direct into a drain on site or at home or straight into the ground underneath if we are on a field at a car show.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
She does indeed have a tap underneath the rear locker. Are we talking about the grey spiral pipe waste pipe from a washing machine or one of the hot/cold water pipes with the a screw fitting?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Kate,

We have what I imagine is the same outlet as you and until this summer we have never had to connect a pipe to it. We have either emptied direct into a greywaste drain, used a bucket to collect and then empty out into a suitable drain/hedge etc or, our cassette if there has been no suitable water supply available to wash the cassette out when its been emptied (makes a good job of rinsing the cassette too).

This summer however, because we have been campsite based and on a 'service pitch' I scrounged a bit of washing machine type pipe and secured it to the outlet. It is quite a good fit into the outlet but I've used some tape to seal it and a couple of ties to help stop it getting dislodged.

HTH
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Excellent, thanks very much Neil. Himself can sort that easily now he's seen a picture.

Much appreciated.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi the grey waste pipe needs to be measured as there are a couple of different sizes, that can be bought cheaply over the net. Crinkly tube generally needs a sleeve that fits into and over the end of the pipe which then slips over your waste pipe.
Should you purchase a length of pipe I recommend that you get a length that will allow you to reach the other side of your van, as most services on pitches are on the 'back' of the vans
Regards.
Kontiki645 service pitches
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post