By NEILMAC on Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Posted in Announcements
Replies 2
Likes 0
Views 1.2K
Votes 0
You may have noticed that stopover maps for our European Stopovers and UK Stopovers are showing as blank on our website.

This is because Google kindly switched off the Google Maps API v2 code that this, and very many other, sites use to have permission to display these maps - this happened yesterday 19th November.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause in the time it takes me to modify all the required code that will enable an updated API to be obtained.

Individual stopover listings still display a Google Map - it is the Country, Region, County etc maps that are affected.

I am working on this as a priority and hope to have the system back up and running as soon as possible :thumbs:
Just to give an update on this, the new upgraded site should be live within a few days

Its been a mammoth task which eventually required a complete rebuild of the website from the ground up but its almost done.

In order to complete the rebuild some updating has been required on the original site which has resulted in the odd loss of function to certain parts. For example it is not possible to place a classified advert or upload to the photo galleries at the moment but will be fine again on the new site

So apologies to anyone inconvenienced by the small amounts of disruption during this time.

I sent everyone on the newsletter list a brief explanation of what was going on and will probably sent out another when the job is finished :thumbs: .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:thumbs: Neil your a star, thanks for all the work you are putting in.
Regards.
Kontiki645
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post