By Traveller_HA5_3DOM on Sunday, 16 March 2014
Posted in Announcements
Replies 9
Likes 0
Views 1.5K
Votes 0
Just like Dr. Who Has Freedom has a whole new look from the beginning of this month. She has been reborn into a 2014 Hobby Premium 65GE. with a 4 ton chassis and the 150dci Auto. Still the Renault pulling it along but now with a euro 5 engine.
Managed to squeeze a 40 litre gas tank under her rear end and a nice twin camera reversing setup to a mirror mounted monitor. Camper NE, who supplied it fitted the Solar Panel and a twin llb satellite system. Hobby factory fitted the oven and 4 metre awning.
Just put the Inverter on it, and taken it to get filled up with fuel ang LPG maybe one day soon we will get out in it for our first trip.
Well Thats got me drooling into me pint of guiness,now wheres that red with envy smiley when you want it?
Hope you have many a pleasant journey in Her :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Nice bit of Kit
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Lovely!

Hope you've got lots of trips planned.

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh B)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks all, looking forward to using it ourselves. DVLA were sent all of the paperwork middle of Feb to get it registered and the cherished transfer done for beginning of March. It came back 13th March and instead of PHGV (4 ton chassis) they had registered it as 'Special Vehicle' the category for road rollers and alike, issued the VEL with the same category printed on it , "Send it all back and highlight the mistakes" was the answer I got from them when I phoned. So off it all went, maybe in five or six weeks they will get round to dealing with it again. I was completely unaware I had upset the whole of the Welsh nation, but it seems like the extra work they are being expected to take on from local DVLA offices closing has triggered more of a go slow response. So I keep pottering out to it and doing a few jobs, trying to fit all of the stuff in it that we took out of the Cipro.
Did get the twin lens rear view and worked out how to get the Netbook mounted so we can carry on using Autoroute for Sat nav. Got the safe mounted in a corner so I could secure it through three sides
Must get round to advertising the Paragon external screens c/w the perforated sunshine sheild and the helosafe door locks. I was hoping they would fit this one but the remmis blinds cassette stops it and covers the area where they fit. The silver screens are just way to small for this huge front window.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I'm not very IT savy, how does the netbook work as a sat nav and how do you fix it to the dash
Pete
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I use a microsoft program called Autoroute 2013 and a GPS receiver. As for where you mount it each vehicle model will need custom made fixings. I also have a 12v voltage adjuster that has a variable output up to 19.5v. This will give you an ability to charge your laptop or netbook on the move.
The nice thing about Autoroute is that it is great for route planing as well as a fully functioning GPS guidance system, with the ability to select the types of road, reject pay roads and load POIs of all the Aires, pub stopovers, LPG gas stations Spanish aires, German Stelplaz. Save your routes and also lay down a snail trail on the map to follow your progress.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Whilst waiting for DVLA to respond to them registering the camper in the wrong class I am taking the opportunity to add some of the extras I have lying about that I took off the Cipro before it went.
I wanted to fit the forward facing camera/recorder but the remis blinds meant that it could not be attached to the windscreen. I found a piece of 1/4" perspex in the garage which was just what the mounting sucker needs to hold onto. The Renault has a channel in the dash so I cut the perspex to size, with the hot air gun I shaped it to follow the contour of the dash, covered it with a piece of grey cupboard material that was also too small to be useful and then carefully cut a circle in it for the sucker mount to fit it.
I was well pleased with the result which took about an hour to make including the time for the contact adhesive to dry.
See photos
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Found an old oven tray in the useful box and a couple of folding hinge shelf brackets. Spent a couple of hours with the hacksaw drill and files and then covered the result with some of that shelf non stick stuff. Result a rise and fall shelf for the Net-book that drops down level with the dash when not needed. Pictures posted in Members photos Hobby 65GE
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Bought a new alloy and tyre for my spare wheel as all you get these days is a tyre pump and a tin of Gunk. Located it in the Garage area using just a Fiamme wedge thing I had in the useful box and a small piece of 1.5" alloy angle to wedge it up against the rear of the bedroom upper step that protrudes into the garage. A couple of elastic cords work well to hold it still. Actually had to buy a ten tonne bottle jack, (a mate borrowed mine years ago and it never came back). It does fit nicely in the centre of the wheel so just hope I never need it.
Fitted some extra security to the habitation door, a Fiamma product. I had one on the Cipro and they work very well and look the part if someone is sizing the van up.
I also fitted the Tunit box that has now been on the two previous vans, I was not looking forward to the job as on the Renault we just sold it took me three days to get to the thing installed. I could not believe it when I started this job. the plug just sits there right at the front of the engine. A 15 minute job to route the wiring and test it.
Finally found a little cup holder type hole on the dash and made a circle of perspex(from the useful box of course and attached the sucker of the compass to it. No excuse now for getting lost in those tunnels under Barcelona.
Finally found a place to mount the old Air horns so now have a suitable reply to those impolite motorists who chose to honk their somewhat feeble horns because they were too impatient to pause in their headlong dash to overtake the whole world.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post