By systemadmin on Thursday, 05 June 2014
Replies 6
Likes 0
Views 2.5K
Votes 0
I have a Rapido 924F and to empty the waste tanki it is necessary to turn the tap(?) located in the locker under the long long bench. It means getting on one's knees and feeling for the handle. Not very convenient so i intend fitting a tap the the pipe outside the body. It is 40mm diameter but I cannot find a suitable tap. Anyone know of a supplier?
Just a thought before you go doing anything major ,is there any way you can make a tool,wood or metal to turn the tap remotely ?so you dont have to stretch so far.just something like the water board use to turn off stop taps.Not so big of course
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Will look at that and since the locker is accessible from both the inside and outside a turning tool might be an answer. will let you know!!

Barry
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Have a look at http://www.caktanks.co.uk/ from Kenilworth. They have a wealth of knowledge on the subject and should be able to suggest a solution. they have probably been asked in the past and will tell you just what you need,
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Redesigned my waste and got 40mm fittings and tap from local farmers merchants as used in milking palour so HD and serviceable
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I also have a 924F suffering the same hassle' I fitted a 25 mm solenoid valve from eBay with a switch near the driver some I can drive onto the dump and switch on a the waste discharges, up to now it works.
To be safe you can isolate using the original tap but not essential.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for the info nomadplf. Am on a commercial aire in Valencia with wifi and only just picked up your reply, sounds like a good solution. I had found a sort of solution by using a rt angle pipe and inserted a 28mm tap secured with a rubber insert. looks heath Robinson but works. your solution is technically more attractive.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post