By NEILMAC on Tuesday, 08 July 2014
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 2.6K
Votes 0
With the summer well and truly under way I wondered where you have all been so far B)

Let us know your favourite places and even better post a photo or two...

Our own travels have been mostly in France and our highlights are these:

A lovely riverside Aire at Louhans in Eastern France

Charming little town with parking next to a swimming lake at Serrieres en Chautagne

and just for the view

We went into the high Alps near to an Aire at Orcieres to take a few photos
well we,ve just got back home from 3 weeks in france so our favorites this year are there.Bourdeilles may have poor services,no obvious free water no electric but we love it there,spent 3 days at 4 euros a day.found a free spring well with a hand pump,pointed out by frequent french travellers just back of the field by the road,with a water purity certificate.Loads of free fishing to be had with many a large fish being landed,I don,t do fresh water fishing but spent many an hour sat in the shade taking it all in.We spent a couple days at lac du der also,theres a great cycle track around the lake,we only managed a couple miles to the nearest watering bar/cafe,great for bird watchers and amazing sunsets ,free aire with tokens needed for water ,we stocked up previously 11 miles down the road at CHAVANGES
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi mid4did, sorry missed your post....

We've been to Bourdeilles and had forgotten about the hand waterpump, it was a local frequent traveller that told me about that too.

Lovely Aire and quite entertaining watching the freeloaders driving off in the afternoon/evening and returning after the money collector had been round :roll:

Must have saved all of 3€.....
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
8 weeks away ,4 on the PELOPONNESE, did all three fingers ,then came back via Garnish in Germany.

[
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sorry somethings gone wrong with pictures on previous reply ,if any one want help with Campsites on PELOPONNESES
just PM me

Harbour on island of Elafonissos

Ancient Theatre of Epidavros

High on Zugspitze Garnish Germany

End of June and still snow on Zugspitze

Amazing Gorge at Garnish Partenkiechen

Before we go lost in Cloud
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Wow! Looks quite a trip Frank and some great photos.

Also quite a contrast in climate and landscapes!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post