By Deleted User on Wednesday, 23 July 2014
Posted in Suggestion Box
Replies 3
Likes 0
Views 3.7K
Votes 0
I have been searching for european breakdown cover for motorhomes over 20yrs old.The price realy went up this year.I have found a company called drive 24-7 that does an anual one for 59.99.I dont know if I have found a bargain !!! or a cheep hoax,has anyone heard of this company?The bumf online looks impressive value for money!!! wendy
Hi ron1,

There are some reviews here http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews130578.html

A quick look but they're not very positive.... As with all reviews though its good to try and read between the lines a bit. Some people's expectations may not be entirely realistic.

Hopefully someone else on here may be able to advise for personal experience.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
hi this is my first post i bought cover from 24/7 last year just assumed i would have rescue cover if i needed them anyway everything went smooth so never used them this year my cover was still valid as we were going to italy in MAY so this year had more time to do things properly as last year was bit of na rush so i started reading the cover and what they offered for the money CRIKEY NO WONDER THEY ARE CHEAP IF YOUR LUCKY YOU MIGHT GET AN HOURS ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE FREE after that you start paying what a shock to my system.. so i started looking for good european cover that either fixes you or and gets you and the vehicle home and thats when i found what must be the BEST DEAL GOING --------------------ASDA EUROPEAN BREAKDOWN COVER you can have what ever you want if you are only going for a month you can buy amonth as you pay one month in advance then you can buy another month or two or what ever later in the year on the same policy. and the beuty is this BRITTANIA INSURANCE FIVE STAR COVER SO FAR THIS YEAR IT HAS COST ME £25.00 for a 4 week trip and i will be phoning nthem to pay for another month in september for another trip. and age of motorhome was never a factor brilliant to deal with... hope you find this info helpful. jt
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Ron1,

Have you looked at Britannia Rescue via The CSMA ?

When I questioned them about an age limit on the vehicle, they told me that they had lots of members with old classic cars, and there wouldn't be a problem. That was some years ago, but a quick phone call would confirm if the same applies now.

If taking out CSMA membership, answer the questions very carefully, especially if you're not sure which branch of the civil service you previously worked for.

Like Neil & Caroline, we are victims of a breakdown resulting in our MH riding along on the back of a low loader. However, Britannia were brilliant, using a Dutch company for the European side of things. Good english speakers are the Dutch. :thumbs:

Good luck finding cover.

Jock.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post