Friday, 25 July 2014
  5 Replies
  5.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi everyone,

I'm an expat and as you can see from the title, I live in Italy just 5km from Lake Como towards the Swiss border.

About 7 years ago we acquired a dog and two years after decided that the only way to have a decent holiday (dog included) would be to buy a camper. Up until 2013 my holidays were dictated by my employer but we always managed to get as far as France, Spain and a little of Portugal and of course Italy. I retired in 2013 and therefore time no longer has limits.

If anyone has any questions about Italian destinations including Sicily and especially the beautiful Sardinia (we're going again in September ) just drop me a line, I'd be pleased to help where I can.

Maybe I'll catch up with some of you around Europe :thumbs:
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Phil and thanks. You cant beat the Swiss police for dampening down enthusiasm. I've worked in Switzerland for more than 30 years so I know what I'm talking about.

Asturias beautiful place and astounding scenery. We came through there last July after a horrific 5 days in Portugal and stopped over at Cudillero on the coast.... sort of. We then went along into Cantabria, but for lack of dog friendly campsites,( just managed to get 1 night in Laredo), had to move on quite quickly into France. Shame really because I would have liked to visit S. Sebastian and others. You certainly need a motorbike in that area!!

We come into Spain every year as it feels like home. Most of the time we travel around Catalunya but this Autumn we are planning to go farther south towards the warmer weather and maybe catch up with some of the members also travelling around Spain.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.

Vivien
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Tosca, We're new to this site & would love to hear your thoughts re Sardinia & Corsica.
Our plan is to drive to Livorno & ferry to Olbia. ( Is this the best way?) then spend two months in Sardinia & 1month in Corsica before heading back to the UK.

We have a 7m camper van & welcome info on stopover sites ,possibly free!! Which are the best places to visit? We prefer villages, small towns & countryside to large towns.

Any thoughts welcomed..

Many thanks & hope you're enjoying the summer wherever you are.

Cliff& Kay Hannah.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Tosca, and welcome to the club!
We are also thinking of going to Sardinia late September and October
It would be fantastic to get some tips from a local!
We are just starting to look at ferry prices, seems there are fewer options from France late September. We drove to Genoa a few years ago for the ferry to Corsica and don't have fond memories of that stretch of motorway!
We need to be able to get flights back to U.K. Once or twice during trip for hubby, so that could be a deal breaker but after one short weekend trip to Sardinia years ago I know that we will love it there so very keen to make it work, any tips most welcome!

« Vive La France, le paradis du camping-car! »

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection