By NEILMAC on Tuesday, 12 August 2014
Posted in Announcements
Replies 10
Likes 0
Views 1.3K
Votes 0
Pubs, hotels, vineyards, farm shops, breweries etc all now available offline!

As well as continuing to add new stopovers I've been busy putting together a printed version of these great stopovers.

The document is in the form of a .pdf document.

This has many advantages - firstly its downloadable, secondly because it's a .pdf any hyperlinks (links) in the listings are still usable when online and thirdly its very updatable.

The pdf 'book' is about 73 pages long at the moment so if you want that much paper travelling with you it can be easily printed off to provide a 'hard' copy.

It can also be loaded onto a tablet or smartphone as a pdf which is then readable offline too - perfect if you don't want it as a paper copy! (and those hyperlinks will still work when online to click through to our online listing page, to email the location and to visit the location's website if they have one).

Now I have to admit that the presentation of the document is basic to start with, but it includes all the essential information that you need county by county. Improvements will be made in due course.

The hyperlinks (in red) are all still usable when online.

The document comes at no cost to subscribers of Club Motorhome, it is just a great extension to the way we display our listings!

The document will be available shortly to members in our downloads section UK Pub Stopovers Download

So, see what you think and please provide feedback in the UK Pub Stopover section of the forums. B)
Just tinkering with this a little and thought a photo might help to show the benefits of using this offline 'book'

Obviously its straight-forward if you print it to paper - but you are missing out on some useful features if you do

Once the .pdf document is on a tablet or smartphone it can be used like any other .pdf document. If you don't have a .pdf app these can be downloaded free of charge.

Once opened on your tablet/phone the pages look something like this:

So you can see this is a great tool to have with you on your travels :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
looks good to me now I need to catchup with modern technology and get a Tablet :dry: ,Hmmm christmas is coming looks like a hint or three in the right direction may pay dividends , :laugh:
BTW Like the new smileys Neil B)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
looks good to me now I need to catchup with modern technology and get a Tablet :dry: ,Hmmm christmas is coming looks like a hint or three in the right direction may pay dividends , :laugh:
BTW Like the new smileys Neil B)

BIG hints seem to be the way to go then..... I've been pretty slow to keep up with modern gadgetry and have only had my ipad a couple of years but it is so useful. It doesn't have its own simm so only works on the internet via wifi - very handy for popping into French MacD's and the like :thumbs:

Glad you're liking the smileys....
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Updated Version 2 now available!

A couple more locations added in Worcestershire and Northamptonshire and also Northamptonshire added as a county - deliberate mistake in version 1 to omit it :rolleyes:

Its available to download by subscribers here UK Pub Type Stopovers

There won't be an update every time a location is added but as regularly as necessary to keep the info fresh. The problem with any printed document is how quickly it goes out of date - so please keep checking on the website for latest listings :thumbs:

As always, any problems with downloading or usage please post questions and feedback on the forums.

Thank you.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
More Pub Type Stopovers listed

Just a 'heads up' to our subscribers - there have been 3 more Pub Type Stopover locations (including a new county in Scotland) added since the last version of the .pdf document.

This really does highlight the main problem with printed lists/books - they date almost immediately :rolleyes:

Now in-between revised versions of the .pdf document the website remains up-to-date and live with any additions as they are added so please keep checking the website itself if you are planning your travels. The very latest additions/updates on the site appear in the module on the right-hand side 'Pub Stopover Updates'

New downloadable versions of our document will be created around twice or three times a year :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Version 3 now available to download!

UK Pub Type Stopovers (Version 3)

This version replaces all previous versions - don't forget to download the full member windscreen disc 2015 to display when using these stopovers :lol:

2015 Full Member Windscreen Disc
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil,

I've followed the link to download the new Stopover file but can't find the file (the link leads to an empty 'loge/leaflet' page. Could you provide a link to the download please? It's a great document so like to have the latest copy!

Cheers,

Paul
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Paul, I've just tested it twice - from the forum link in my post and from the main menu and it worked OK. There was a file permission issue earlier.

Please try again (a couple of times if need be) and let me know if you still have problems. Logging out and in again may help
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Cheers Neil - that worked - thanks.

Can't beat the old 'ONOFF' button!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Version 4 now available to download!

This replaces all previous versions. There are some changes to the locations and also with styling and functionality B)

You can download it (and also the Full Member Windscreen Disc) here Pub Type Motorhome Stopover Document

If you are not yet a Full Member then you can see what this all about by downloading a SAMPLE

This contains details of just one county of our stopovers and the download is available here - SAMPLE Pub Type Motorhome Stopover Document

There is a short guide on how to get these downloads HERE

As always please let you have your feedback on the document and, of course, the stopover locations themselves.

Thank you :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post